Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Spring Empties!


Happy May! It is now the last official month of Spring which means that summer is approaching- fast. With every season, I like to get rid of as much beauty "stuff" as possible, which tends to be an accumulation of everyday products. So, to make myself feel better when I eventually go back to the drugstore to shop for new products, I decide to get rid of the old to make space for the new.
Here are my Spring Empties!



B  O  D  Y

(l-r) Nivea Express Hydration body lotion | Garner Body Repair lotion | Imperial Leather Paradise Island bath creme | Radox Nourish bath creme | Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub | Simple Soothing Facial Toner | Simple Rich moisturiser | Primark Cleansing wipes | Wilkinson Baby wipes | SKIN Facial wipes


It is always a mission for me to finish body washes because I buy a handful in bulk, so when I do, it is pretty much an achievement. The Imperial Leather body wash was my go-to for those stressful days- it smells extremely sweet, so if you don't like to smell like a beehive, you wouldn't like this.


Soap and Glory is by far my favourite skincare/ body care brand. They make products with amazingly beautiful scents (and unique names) and I have yet to find a product that I do not like. I will definitely be repurchasing this scrub, especially because I am in the process of lightening my elbows/ knees for summer, but this works really well before shaving.


I go through a lot of wipes in only one week, never mind a season. These four wipes are only a fraction of the packets I have actually gone through, but they represent the brands and varieties that I currently use.


M A K E U P

(l-r) Revlon Nearly Naked foundation | Collection Longer Lash mascara | Maybelline Baby Skin Fatigue primer | Maybelline Go Colossal mascara | Estee Lauder foundation | The Body Shop Wild Rose hand cream



If you know me, you know that I have been overly impressed with the Maybelline Baby Skin primer, even this new version that Maybelline added to the line. Not only is it pretty cheap in comparison to other primers, it lasts as great amount of time as well. I will be repurchasing this after I finish my current obsession from Revlon.  Honestly, these mascaras were pretty standard- the Go Colossal dried up pretty quickly, which was disappointing since all the other mascaras that I have tried from Maybelline were outstanding.


I need another bottle of the Revlon foundation- its cheap and cheerful, and although it isn't full coverage and takes a couple of layers to get a flawless look, it is dewy and light enough to be the perfect Spring foundation.  As a freebie, the Wild Rose hand cream was a sweet addition to my bag, but I probably won't be repurchasing since it is quite stong.
Thanks for reading,
God Bless
post signature

Post a Comment

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Spring Empties!


Happy May! It is now the last official month of Spring which means that summer is approaching- fast. With every season, I like to get rid of as much beauty "stuff" as possible, which tends to be an accumulation of everyday products. So, to make myself feel better when I eventually go back to the drugstore to shop for new products, I decide to get rid of the old to make space for the new.
Here are my Spring Empties!



B  O  D  Y

(l-r) Nivea Express Hydration body lotion | Garner Body Repair lotion | Imperial Leather Paradise Island bath creme | Radox Nourish bath creme | Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub | Simple Soothing Facial Toner | Simple Rich moisturiser | Primark Cleansing wipes | Wilkinson Baby wipes | SKIN Facial wipes


It is always a mission for me to finish body washes because I buy a handful in bulk, so when I do, it is pretty much an achievement. The Imperial Leather body wash was my go-to for those stressful days- it smells extremely sweet, so if you don't like to smell like a beehive, you wouldn't like this.


Soap and Glory is by far my favourite skincare/ body care brand. They make products with amazingly beautiful scents (and unique names) and I have yet to find a product that I do not like. I will definitely be repurchasing this scrub, especially because I am in the process of lightening my elbows/ knees for summer, but this works really well before shaving.


I go through a lot of wipes in only one week, never mind a season. These four wipes are only a fraction of the packets I have actually gone through, but they represent the brands and varieties that I currently use.


M A K E U P

(l-r) Revlon Nearly Naked foundation | Collection Longer Lash mascara | Maybelline Baby Skin Fatigue primer | Maybelline Go Colossal mascara | Estee Lauder foundation | The Body Shop Wild Rose hand cream



If you know me, you know that I have been overly impressed with the Maybelline Baby Skin primer, even this new version that Maybelline added to the line. Not only is it pretty cheap in comparison to other primers, it lasts as great amount of time as well. I will be repurchasing this after I finish my current obsession from Revlon.  Honestly, these mascaras were pretty standard- the Go Colossal dried up pretty quickly, which was disappointing since all the other mascaras that I have tried from Maybelline were outstanding.


I need another bottle of the Revlon foundation- its cheap and cheerful, and although it isn't full coverage and takes a couple of layers to get a flawless look, it is dewy and light enough to be the perfect Spring foundation.  As a freebie, the Wild Rose hand cream was a sweet addition to my bag, but I probably won't be repurchasing since it is quite stong.
Thanks for reading,
God Bless
post signature

Post a Comment