Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday, December 12, 2014

Twelfth of Blogmas: Mini Home Haul!


Happy 12th Day of Christmas! We are almost there!
If you are a viewer of mine, you will know that I am in the process of doing over my new room, since I moved into a new house back in June. I haven't showed anything off so far because I am that much of a perfectionist and I want it to be complete before I do a tour, but I thought to put minds at rest I would give you a mini haul of somethings I have bought recently for my bedroom!
 

1. Dulux White Chiffon paint // Wilkinson
First things first: paint! And its probably in the most boring-says-nothing-special shade you will ever see and that is because I am in a rented house, so crazy colours is a no-no. However the walls are extremely dingy and have all kinds of nasty grease, makeup and fingermarks all over them that a quick wipe down won;t cure, so I have been given the go ahead to repaint. This little bucket cost me £14 because I managed to get it at Wilkinson when they were having a 20% home decoration event.


2. Basic Photo Frames // Wilkinson
I am planning to go all out with frames in my room, and nice cheap basic frames is a must for that. Again, these frames were only £1.00 each at the Wilkinson sale. The gold ones were originally black but I spray painted them gold to match my theme ( pay attention to the colours in this post, it will give you an idea of what colour palette I am going for!)


3. Turquoise handled Mason Jars //Wilkinson
I saw these jars and bought them just because they are Mason jars. As a YouTuber, I thinking having mason jars in your bedroom is almost a given, so I will find some use for these beauties, maybe on my desk. I'm glad I actually found some coloured jars as well, especially in that blue-y colour that I wanted, and ones with handles which make them a bit more unique. These were pretty cheap at only £3.00 each.


 4. Dog Ornament // Wilkinson
Meet Tobias.
 This purchase was a huge win for myself because I. have.been.eyeing.this for the longest time, asking myself if I want to buy it or not. And then, one fateful day before work when I was in Wilkinson buying cough medicine, I noticed that it was on sale for £6.00 and there was only one left so I couldn't pass it up. I like little ornaments like these, its quite Tumblr-y and will look good maybe on my window ledge.


5. Name and Friendship plaques // Gifts
These two plaques were gifts from my flatmates, one from each actually! The name one is from the lovely hills of Wales! I love personal little things like this and I will probably hang these somewhere in my room on display.


6. Fuzzy faux fur rug // IKEA
Last by not least, how can any homeware haul be complete without something from the King of Homeware, IKEA? I have wanted a rug at the bottom of my bed for a while and this one is super cheap in comparison most other, yet still very fluffy. This is only £10, which doesn't break the bank and was small enough to roll up and pop in my handbag afterwards. It says that it is "white", but it is clearly more cream in the light which was a little bit disappointing.

~

So hopefully you guys are beginning to picture what I might be doing to my room; I really hope to do a room tour soon, but we shall have to see how long it takes me to get my act together and get everything finished ( I haven't even painted yet!)!
-♥-
On the twelfth day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, a home haul of all things pretty
-♥- 

BLOGMAS 2014:
 post signature

Post a Comment

Friday, December 12, 2014

Twelfth of Blogmas: Mini Home Haul!


Happy 12th Day of Christmas! We are almost there!
If you are a viewer of mine, you will know that I am in the process of doing over my new room, since I moved into a new house back in June. I haven't showed anything off so far because I am that much of a perfectionist and I want it to be complete before I do a tour, but I thought to put minds at rest I would give you a mini haul of somethings I have bought recently for my bedroom!
 

1. Dulux White Chiffon paint // Wilkinson
First things first: paint! And its probably in the most boring-says-nothing-special shade you will ever see and that is because I am in a rented house, so crazy colours is a no-no. However the walls are extremely dingy and have all kinds of nasty grease, makeup and fingermarks all over them that a quick wipe down won;t cure, so I have been given the go ahead to repaint. This little bucket cost me £14 because I managed to get it at Wilkinson when they were having a 20% home decoration event.


2. Basic Photo Frames // Wilkinson
I am planning to go all out with frames in my room, and nice cheap basic frames is a must for that. Again, these frames were only £1.00 each at the Wilkinson sale. The gold ones were originally black but I spray painted them gold to match my theme ( pay attention to the colours in this post, it will give you an idea of what colour palette I am going for!)


3. Turquoise handled Mason Jars //Wilkinson
I saw these jars and bought them just because they are Mason jars. As a YouTuber, I thinking having mason jars in your bedroom is almost a given, so I will find some use for these beauties, maybe on my desk. I'm glad I actually found some coloured jars as well, especially in that blue-y colour that I wanted, and ones with handles which make them a bit more unique. These were pretty cheap at only £3.00 each.


 4. Dog Ornament // Wilkinson
Meet Tobias.
 This purchase was a huge win for myself because I. have.been.eyeing.this for the longest time, asking myself if I want to buy it or not. And then, one fateful day before work when I was in Wilkinson buying cough medicine, I noticed that it was on sale for £6.00 and there was only one left so I couldn't pass it up. I like little ornaments like these, its quite Tumblr-y and will look good maybe on my window ledge.


5. Name and Friendship plaques // Gifts
These two plaques were gifts from my flatmates, one from each actually! The name one is from the lovely hills of Wales! I love personal little things like this and I will probably hang these somewhere in my room on display.


6. Fuzzy faux fur rug // IKEA
Last by not least, how can any homeware haul be complete without something from the King of Homeware, IKEA? I have wanted a rug at the bottom of my bed for a while and this one is super cheap in comparison most other, yet still very fluffy. This is only £10, which doesn't break the bank and was small enough to roll up and pop in my handbag afterwards. It says that it is "white", but it is clearly more cream in the light which was a little bit disappointing.

~

So hopefully you guys are beginning to picture what I might be doing to my room; I really hope to do a room tour soon, but we shall have to see how long it takes me to get my act together and get everything finished ( I haven't even painted yet!)!
-♥-
On the twelfth day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, a home haul of all things pretty
-♥- 

BLOGMAS 2014:
 post signature

Post a Comment