Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Third of Blogmas: First Impressions- Little Mix All About the Eyes palette


I don't think that I can ever have too many mini eyeshadow palettes- the trouble is, I never want to use them and so they often end up in heaps at the back of my makeup drawer. I know these things have expiry dates, and even though I am no nonsense when it comes to mascara hitting their three month shelf life, eye palettes...well, I'm sure there are some that have disintegrated by now.

I saw this little Collection palette in Boots at the weekend and decided to pick it up because a) it had a huge blue sticker over it that said "NEW" ( even though I know full well that is is not)  b) its glittery and glitter screams Christmas and c) it's from the Little Mix line. I do love me a bit of Little Mix.


The palette is about the size of a standard smartphone and has a black cardboard packaging ( which I have never been a fan of ) with 6 eyeshadow colours and an applicator brush ( which I also have never been a fan of ); however, it does have a magnetic seal which gives the packaging a bit more quality. To be honest, in terms of quality, the choice of material is expected since Collection is a makeup line at the lower end of  drugstore makeup prices, probably matching the prices of lines such as WetNWild if you are not British and unfamiliar with the brand.
 


All the shades have glitter, including the black, but the shimmer is finer and barely noticeable so it could definitely pass as matte. The colours are standard metallic- golds, bronzes and gunmetals, with a white shimmer. The sunken appearance of the eyeshadow pans makes it seem as if there is not much product available but hey, as I said before, palettes tend to sit and look pretty in my drawers while collecting dust, so I don't expect to hit pan at all. 


One thing I love about eyeshadow palettes, especially as a YouTuber, is the effort made to name the colours; it makes making a tutorial so much more easier if people know what you're talking about. The names aren't exactly unique ( dazzling brown ) or Oscar worthy ( feather ), but they will do.



 Lastly in terms of swatches, I am pretty impressed- the swatches above are from one swipe in the pan which means that the colour is quite possibly buildable. As you can see, the black is definitely a winner, but the rest of the colours still show up well and true to self, which is usually a problem for me when swatching on my skin tone. The formulation is a little crumbly and chalky so I expect fallout. One thing I will be interested in is the colour's ability to blend and hold its colour without fading- I will be testing that out later, maybe in a tutorial?

Overall, a pretty addition to my palettes family- something cheap, chic and cheerful!



Let me know if you have tried this palette or anything else from the Little Mix Collection makeup line. Also, please don't forget to follow my blog using Bloglovin' which will be in the right sidebar!

Info: Collection Little Mix All About The Eyes Palette // £3.19 // Buy it here from Boots

-♥-
On the third day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, thoughts about something glittery
-♥- 

BLOGMAS 2014:
ftc: This post was not sponsered, all opinions are my own. The palette was purchased with my own money


Thanks for reading- I'm off to watch the Apprentice!
God Bless,
 post signature

Post a Comment

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Third of Blogmas: First Impressions- Little Mix All About the Eyes palette


I don't think that I can ever have too many mini eyeshadow palettes- the trouble is, I never want to use them and so they often end up in heaps at the back of my makeup drawer. I know these things have expiry dates, and even though I am no nonsense when it comes to mascara hitting their three month shelf life, eye palettes...well, I'm sure there are some that have disintegrated by now.

I saw this little Collection palette in Boots at the weekend and decided to pick it up because a) it had a huge blue sticker over it that said "NEW" ( even though I know full well that is is not)  b) its glittery and glitter screams Christmas and c) it's from the Little Mix line. I do love me a bit of Little Mix.


The palette is about the size of a standard smartphone and has a black cardboard packaging ( which I have never been a fan of ) with 6 eyeshadow colours and an applicator brush ( which I also have never been a fan of ); however, it does have a magnetic seal which gives the packaging a bit more quality. To be honest, in terms of quality, the choice of material is expected since Collection is a makeup line at the lower end of  drugstore makeup prices, probably matching the prices of lines such as WetNWild if you are not British and unfamiliar with the brand.
 


All the shades have glitter, including the black, but the shimmer is finer and barely noticeable so it could definitely pass as matte. The colours are standard metallic- golds, bronzes and gunmetals, with a white shimmer. The sunken appearance of the eyeshadow pans makes it seem as if there is not much product available but hey, as I said before, palettes tend to sit and look pretty in my drawers while collecting dust, so I don't expect to hit pan at all. 


One thing I love about eyeshadow palettes, especially as a YouTuber, is the effort made to name the colours; it makes making a tutorial so much more easier if people know what you're talking about. The names aren't exactly unique ( dazzling brown ) or Oscar worthy ( feather ), but they will do.



 Lastly in terms of swatches, I am pretty impressed- the swatches above are from one swipe in the pan which means that the colour is quite possibly buildable. As you can see, the black is definitely a winner, but the rest of the colours still show up well and true to self, which is usually a problem for me when swatching on my skin tone. The formulation is a little crumbly and chalky so I expect fallout. One thing I will be interested in is the colour's ability to blend and hold its colour without fading- I will be testing that out later, maybe in a tutorial?

Overall, a pretty addition to my palettes family- something cheap, chic and cheerful!



Let me know if you have tried this palette or anything else from the Little Mix Collection makeup line. Also, please don't forget to follow my blog using Bloglovin' which will be in the right sidebar!

Info: Collection Little Mix All About The Eyes Palette // £3.19 // Buy it here from Boots

-♥-
On the third day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, thoughts about something glittery
-♥- 

BLOGMAS 2014:
ftc: This post was not sponsered, all opinions are my own. The palette was purchased with my own money


Thanks for reading- I'm off to watch the Apprentice!
God Bless,
 post signature

Post a Comment