Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sixteenth of Blogmas: My Pamper Day Routine!


Thursdays are my spa mornings- that's when I take that extra time to make myself feel good on the outside. It is extremely important to reward your body for being good to you, especially at this time of year when you spend most of your time rushing about and stressing. Although I have an a designed treatment day, there is nothing wrong with giving yourself a little extra every now and then, especially if you have the time. Today I decided to do that, so I will be showing you what I like to do for my treatment. 

First off I have a nice soak in the bath because I never bath ( don't get it twisted) and only take showers, but when you have time, it iss nice to just chill and think. I love using my new Imperial Leather Paradise Island Bath Creme- this actually smells like paradise. IL has the best relaxing and luxurious feeling bath soaks, so they are my go to for products.


Next I take care of my face and I begin by cleansing. For this my TBS Camomile Cleanisng Butter does the trick- it removes all the impurities and oils from my face with an amazing silky and 'sumptuous' butter. 



 I like to apply this with my fingers and a little water to emulsify the product. After I have massaged for  a while I use a damp cotton pad to remove the product from my face and the result is a rather beaten up, darkened cotton pad which proves there is always excess grime on my skin.



A spa day is never complete without some kind of mask. I tend to switch this up, depending on what my skin is needing; to be cost effective, I like to buy small sachets or use samples. I got this sample from a delivery package and decided I wanted to give it a go today. I have tried Rodial before when I was subscribed to Glossybox and my skin reacted quite well to it. This Rodial 5 Minute Facial is supposed to clarify and reduce the size of pores.



Again I applied this with my fingers- the sachet was quite small and the product inside was quite sparse as well, but I made it work. This actually smelt like something I ate on a night out to a curry house and I don't really know why!

 

After 10 minutes the mask turned clay like and clumpy so I washed it off in the sink instead of with a cotton pad. The result was a very smooth skin surface and my pores did look somewhat reduced!
 


Next I went in with my everyday toner and moisturiser by Simple. I have used these for years and they are especially rewarding when I am treating my skin because they don't react with the other products or cause my face to swell up / redden.


To add a little something extra to my moisturer's moisturising power, I mixed in the last bits of my Vichy Idealia Life Serum. This stuff is soo silky and smooth, I can see what it is soo hyped up on Youtube and by bloggers across the globe- it is also quite expensive for me for a mosituriser so I doubt I will be repurchasing it though!



Lastly for my face I decided to cool down my skin with a facial spritz- I feel like facial spritzs, like fix sprays, just seal everything in- they also just feel good sitting on your previously scrubbed and rubbed skin. I absolutely love Vitamin C in the summer, but for now I have been using up my Anatomomicals Spray Misty for Me spritz. This has mint, roe, lavender, aloe and witch hazel which is quite possibly the top 5 ingredients for a super face spritz. This calms my skin soo much and leaves it feeling hydrated.



I like to leave this to dry naturally, or if I am impatient (like I was today) I just fan my face until the product has more or less absorbed.


Last but not least, my nails, which are often neglected, get a bit of a pick me up in the form of a quick nail paint job. Honestly, I could give them the whole works but I don't have all that fancy equipment on me. For now, nail polish works wonders for jagged nail beds. I know that these colours aren't very festive, but I actually like the fresh and cold look these polishes have- not to mention that mint and gold are my absolute favourite combination ever.
For this I used my love Essie Penny Talk and GOSH's Miss Minty.



I was feeling a bit more fancy than usual, so I went all out with mint nails and gold dots. i forgive you if you look at my nails and thing Easter bunnys, chicks and Spring because that's exactly what I pictured, more specifically, Mini Eggs!




And then to finisg off after a good slap of top coat, my TBS Wild Rose Hand Cream gets rid of all the dry skin and cracks in my hand making them look and feel a bit more loved!

~
Thanks for reading and staying with me on my Blogmas journey! I am doing better than I first thought so I hope to keep these posts going since I am already on a roll!
If you have missed any of my other Blogmas '14 posts, they will be linked below!

BLOGMAS 2014:

 Go and pamper yourself,
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sixteenth of Blogmas: My Pamper Day Routine!


Thursdays are my spa mornings- that's when I take that extra time to make myself feel good on the outside. It is extremely important to reward your body for being good to you, especially at this time of year when you spend most of your time rushing about and stressing. Although I have an a designed treatment day, there is nothing wrong with giving yourself a little extra every now and then, especially if you have the time. Today I decided to do that, so I will be showing you what I like to do for my treatment. 

First off I have a nice soak in the bath because I never bath ( don't get it twisted) and only take showers, but when you have time, it iss nice to just chill and think. I love using my new Imperial Leather Paradise Island Bath Creme- this actually smells like paradise. IL has the best relaxing and luxurious feeling bath soaks, so they are my go to for products.


Next I take care of my face and I begin by cleansing. For this my TBS Camomile Cleanisng Butter does the trick- it removes all the impurities and oils from my face with an amazing silky and 'sumptuous' butter. 



 I like to apply this with my fingers and a little water to emulsify the product. After I have massaged for  a while I use a damp cotton pad to remove the product from my face and the result is a rather beaten up, darkened cotton pad which proves there is always excess grime on my skin.



A spa day is never complete without some kind of mask. I tend to switch this up, depending on what my skin is needing; to be cost effective, I like to buy small sachets or use samples. I got this sample from a delivery package and decided I wanted to give it a go today. I have tried Rodial before when I was subscribed to Glossybox and my skin reacted quite well to it. This Rodial 5 Minute Facial is supposed to clarify and reduce the size of pores.



Again I applied this with my fingers- the sachet was quite small and the product inside was quite sparse as well, but I made it work. This actually smelt like something I ate on a night out to a curry house and I don't really know why!

 

After 10 minutes the mask turned clay like and clumpy so I washed it off in the sink instead of with a cotton pad. The result was a very smooth skin surface and my pores did look somewhat reduced!
 


Next I went in with my everyday toner and moisturiser by Simple. I have used these for years and they are especially rewarding when I am treating my skin because they don't react with the other products or cause my face to swell up / redden.


To add a little something extra to my moisturer's moisturising power, I mixed in the last bits of my Vichy Idealia Life Serum. This stuff is soo silky and smooth, I can see what it is soo hyped up on Youtube and by bloggers across the globe- it is also quite expensive for me for a mosituriser so I doubt I will be repurchasing it though!



Lastly for my face I decided to cool down my skin with a facial spritz- I feel like facial spritzs, like fix sprays, just seal everything in- they also just feel good sitting on your previously scrubbed and rubbed skin. I absolutely love Vitamin C in the summer, but for now I have been using up my Anatomomicals Spray Misty for Me spritz. This has mint, roe, lavender, aloe and witch hazel which is quite possibly the top 5 ingredients for a super face spritz. This calms my skin soo much and leaves it feeling hydrated.



I like to leave this to dry naturally, or if I am impatient (like I was today) I just fan my face until the product has more or less absorbed.


Last but not least, my nails, which are often neglected, get a bit of a pick me up in the form of a quick nail paint job. Honestly, I could give them the whole works but I don't have all that fancy equipment on me. For now, nail polish works wonders for jagged nail beds. I know that these colours aren't very festive, but I actually like the fresh and cold look these polishes have- not to mention that mint and gold are my absolute favourite combination ever.
For this I used my love Essie Penny Talk and GOSH's Miss Minty.



I was feeling a bit more fancy than usual, so I went all out with mint nails and gold dots. i forgive you if you look at my nails and thing Easter bunnys, chicks and Spring because that's exactly what I pictured, more specifically, Mini Eggs!




And then to finisg off after a good slap of top coat, my TBS Wild Rose Hand Cream gets rid of all the dry skin and cracks in my hand making them look and feel a bit more loved!

~
Thanks for reading and staying with me on my Blogmas journey! I am doing better than I first thought so I hope to keep these posts going since I am already on a roll!
If you have missed any of my other Blogmas '14 posts, they will be linked below!

BLOGMAS 2014:

 Go and pamper yourself,
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment