Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Second of Blogmas: NEW THINGS- Gingerbread Cappuccino

About two years ago my sister bought my mum a tin of Gingerbread Hot Chocolate from Hotel Chocolate for Christmas. Since my Mum has not got a craven sweet tooth in her head, my sister and I more or less finished the tin between us. It was one of those beverages that you couldn't really finish in a mug because it was very rich and and incredibly gingerbread-y. Still, it was really good and I do love a good rich sweet hot drink when it gets to Christmas ( enter shameless self promotion: if you would like to see my three favourite hot chocolate recipes this year, you can head over to my YouTube channel and watch me make them)

Today I was in a local pound store when I spotted this InstaCafe Gingerbread Cappuccino near the door ( as in near the exit where you've more or less paid for what you need and happen to spot something on the way out). 


Obviously I didn't expect much because it was only a pound but I went back and paid for it anyway. Guess what got me the most?: the packaging of course, because if you know me by now, I'd buy a heap of last months rubbish if it was put in a pretty box with a ribbon. It was one of those Instagram moments where I imagined sitting cosy in the warmth sipping on the cappuccino ( inspired by that warm fire in the image there) and that was all I needed to see.
But I have to say that this cappuccino was soo good, it could have easily hailed from Costa or Starbucks. One thing about flavoured hot drinks is that too much flavour is over kill, but this was just right. It wasn't too bitter, too sweet, too bland or too strong on coffee. Although it didn't foam in that amazing way like the picture on the box (sigh) it was delicious down to the last drop.



Of course I had to take a picture first and nothing says pretty Instagram moment like a foaming coffee sat on a windowsill, surrounded my some little danish sugar cookies.

-♥-
  On the second day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, fancy cappucino and photography
-♥-  

BLOGMAS 2014:
*First day of Blogmas: Breaking Christmas Traditions
ftc: This post was not sponsered, all opinions are my own. The cappucino was purchased at Poundland


Thanks for reading
God Bless,
post signature 


Post a Comment

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Second of Blogmas: NEW THINGS- Gingerbread Cappuccino

About two years ago my sister bought my mum a tin of Gingerbread Hot Chocolate from Hotel Chocolate for Christmas. Since my Mum has not got a craven sweet tooth in her head, my sister and I more or less finished the tin between us. It was one of those beverages that you couldn't really finish in a mug because it was very rich and and incredibly gingerbread-y. Still, it was really good and I do love a good rich sweet hot drink when it gets to Christmas ( enter shameless self promotion: if you would like to see my three favourite hot chocolate recipes this year, you can head over to my YouTube channel and watch me make them)

Today I was in a local pound store when I spotted this InstaCafe Gingerbread Cappuccino near the door ( as in near the exit where you've more or less paid for what you need and happen to spot something on the way out). 


Obviously I didn't expect much because it was only a pound but I went back and paid for it anyway. Guess what got me the most?: the packaging of course, because if you know me by now, I'd buy a heap of last months rubbish if it was put in a pretty box with a ribbon. It was one of those Instagram moments where I imagined sitting cosy in the warmth sipping on the cappuccino ( inspired by that warm fire in the image there) and that was all I needed to see.
But I have to say that this cappuccino was soo good, it could have easily hailed from Costa or Starbucks. One thing about flavoured hot drinks is that too much flavour is over kill, but this was just right. It wasn't too bitter, too sweet, too bland or too strong on coffee. Although it didn't foam in that amazing way like the picture on the box (sigh) it was delicious down to the last drop.



Of course I had to take a picture first and nothing says pretty Instagram moment like a foaming coffee sat on a windowsill, surrounded my some little danish sugar cookies.

-♥-
  On the second day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, fancy cappucino and photography
-♥-  

BLOGMAS 2014:
*First day of Blogmas: Breaking Christmas Traditions
ftc: This post was not sponsered, all opinions are my own. The cappucino was purchased at Poundland


Thanks for reading
God Bless,
post signature 


Post a Comment