Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Ninth of Blogmas: My Christmas Playlist- RnB/ Soul Edition


Christmas is not and will never be complete without music. 
There are countless albums out there dedicated to decking the halls and playing in the snow, but obviously there is only room for the best on a personal playlist. Now that I have reactivated my premium Spotify membership ( it had to be done, I was mentally dead without it!) which means I can listen to music wherever I am, I thought I might as well share my current FIVE favourite Christmas/ Holiday albums with you; to make things fun, the albums fall under the RnB/ Soul category.

1. Anthony Evans- What Christmas Means (2009)
This guy can singg! I just found out today that he is a Christian artists who was on the second season of the Voice! This guy produced an amazing Christmas album with some classics such as 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas' and 'O Holy Night' as well as three of my must have songs 'Grown Up Christmas List', 'Where are you Christmas' and 'What Christmas Means'. I play this when I need to relax, so mostly in the evenings, in bed editing videos or making blogposts ( like now!) because that's what soul does to me- it makes me happy and want to sleep!
2. Ariana Grande- Santa Tell Me (2014)
I don't think I will ever have a favourites playlist without Ariana on there somewhere.
 I was in love with Ariana's Christmas releases last year, and this year, I have heard 'Santa Tell Me' all over YouTube and have since fallen in love with it. I play this when I fancy singing along because Ariana has one of those whistle toned voices that you can try and mimic but never quite get right.
3. Various Artists-The Best Man Holiday Soundtrack (2013)
If you read yesterday's post, then you will know that The Best Man's Holiday is one of my favourite Christmas movies (despite all the foul language!), mainly because the soundtrack is on point. My favourite songs are Jordin Sparks' Christmas Time to Me and, of course, Someday at Christmas covered by Mario. This album is my Getting Ready in the Morning playlist; I love that this has covers by people like Mary J Blige, New Edition, Emeli Sande and Ne-Yo because it mixes old school and new class RnB- who doesn't love throwbacks?
4. Leona Lewis-  Christmas With Love (2013)
I discovered this by accident last year and because I am a Leona Lewis lover, I knew it would be good even before I listened to the tracks. As much as I love Mariah and Christina's albums, this one is the modern day diva alternative. Since Leona has a pretty distinctive voice like Ariana, I also listen to this when I fancy a sing along. To get you started, my favourites are 'One More Sleep', 'Mr Right' and 'Winter Wonderland'.

5. Tamar Braxton- Winter Loversland (2013)
Lastly, another album I found by mistake (thanks Spotify!). This album is a favourite of mine because it takes famous Christmas songs, adds a smooth beat remix over the top and transforms it into something completely different- this is ( here I go again) the album I'd label the New Classic (I've  really got to stop quoting Iggy...)
I listen to this when I get bored of hearing the tradition versions of songs; this also sounds great when you have people over, I played this over Christmas dinner last year with my family and it was highly approved, especially when the beat drops.
~
So that is my current favourite album playlist and because I am nice I will link my Christmas playlist here if you would like to see what else I listen to. You're welcome.
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Ninth of Blogmas: My Christmas Playlist- RnB/ Soul Edition


Christmas is not and will never be complete without music. 
There are countless albums out there dedicated to decking the halls and playing in the snow, but obviously there is only room for the best on a personal playlist. Now that I have reactivated my premium Spotify membership ( it had to be done, I was mentally dead without it!) which means I can listen to music wherever I am, I thought I might as well share my current FIVE favourite Christmas/ Holiday albums with you; to make things fun, the albums fall under the RnB/ Soul category.

1. Anthony Evans- What Christmas Means (2009)
This guy can singg! I just found out today that he is a Christian artists who was on the second season of the Voice! This guy produced an amazing Christmas album with some classics such as 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas' and 'O Holy Night' as well as three of my must have songs 'Grown Up Christmas List', 'Where are you Christmas' and 'What Christmas Means'. I play this when I need to relax, so mostly in the evenings, in bed editing videos or making blogposts ( like now!) because that's what soul does to me- it makes me happy and want to sleep!
2. Ariana Grande- Santa Tell Me (2014)
I don't think I will ever have a favourites playlist without Ariana on there somewhere.
 I was in love with Ariana's Christmas releases last year, and this year, I have heard 'Santa Tell Me' all over YouTube and have since fallen in love with it. I play this when I fancy singing along because Ariana has one of those whistle toned voices that you can try and mimic but never quite get right.
3. Various Artists-The Best Man Holiday Soundtrack (2013)
If you read yesterday's post, then you will know that The Best Man's Holiday is one of my favourite Christmas movies (despite all the foul language!), mainly because the soundtrack is on point. My favourite songs are Jordin Sparks' Christmas Time to Me and, of course, Someday at Christmas covered by Mario. This album is my Getting Ready in the Morning playlist; I love that this has covers by people like Mary J Blige, New Edition, Emeli Sande and Ne-Yo because it mixes old school and new class RnB- who doesn't love throwbacks?
4. Leona Lewis-  Christmas With Love (2013)
I discovered this by accident last year and because I am a Leona Lewis lover, I knew it would be good even before I listened to the tracks. As much as I love Mariah and Christina's albums, this one is the modern day diva alternative. Since Leona has a pretty distinctive voice like Ariana, I also listen to this when I fancy a sing along. To get you started, my favourites are 'One More Sleep', 'Mr Right' and 'Winter Wonderland'.

5. Tamar Braxton- Winter Loversland (2013)
Lastly, another album I found by mistake (thanks Spotify!). This album is a favourite of mine because it takes famous Christmas songs, adds a smooth beat remix over the top and transforms it into something completely different- this is ( here I go again) the album I'd label the New Classic (I've  really got to stop quoting Iggy...)
I listen to this when I get bored of hearing the tradition versions of songs; this also sounds great when you have people over, I played this over Christmas dinner last year with my family and it was highly approved, especially when the beat drops.
~
So that is my current favourite album playlist and because I am nice I will link my Christmas playlist here if you would like to see what else I listen to. You're welcome.
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment