Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Fourth of Blogmas: How to STOP a Winter Cold Early!

 
Breaking news: I am ill again.
 I think it might have been all these extra shifts serving snivelling customers at checkout queues that's done it but, yes, I have contracted something. I noticed this week that there are a lot of unwell people this time of year, especially when I sat in church on Tuesday night with a choir of coughs rippling off around me- que antibacterial, lots of tissues and a scarf to keep my face buried in; I was prepared, or so I thought.
 That's why I was disappointed when I woke up yesterday morning with that tell-tell sore throat that always turns into a cold and then this morning to find that my nose and sinuses were achy, so I desperately raided the kitchen cupboards for some kind of defence against the nasty bacteria in my throat. When I found nothing, I spotted some Cayenne Pepper ( now is the time to pay attention) and for some reason, I thought that it would work somehow ( maybe because the pepper could burn the soreness away?) Anyway, before I chugged a mugful of hot spice, I googled the ingredient and found that it thins mucus, fights inflammation, blocks pain receptors and gets rid of congestion.

On a whim, I decided to mix my own concoction of cayenne pepper, honey and warm water and use it as a gargle for my throat. I did this twice this morning, twice this afternoon and once this evening and, what do you know, I feel a lot better! The itching has subsided and my sinuses have cleared up dramatically. I am not completely well, but I feel well, which makes a huge difference to me, especially when making the call whether or not to get back into bed or go to work!. Obviously I doubt that this will work in the exact way for everyone and it would probably be wise to mix a concoction that you don't mind gargling with for a minute three to four times a day.
So there you go- a quick post about something I know we all suffer with at least once in the winter. I hope no one gets ill this year, but if you do, at least you know something that can potentially stop a sore throat and sinus problems in its tracks.

-♥-
On the fourth day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, a quick and easy home remedy
-♥- 

BLOGMAS 2014:
ftc: This post was not sponsered, all opinions are my own.

 Stay well
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Fourth of Blogmas: How to STOP a Winter Cold Early!

 
Breaking news: I am ill again.
 I think it might have been all these extra shifts serving snivelling customers at checkout queues that's done it but, yes, I have contracted something. I noticed this week that there are a lot of unwell people this time of year, especially when I sat in church on Tuesday night with a choir of coughs rippling off around me- que antibacterial, lots of tissues and a scarf to keep my face buried in; I was prepared, or so I thought.
 That's why I was disappointed when I woke up yesterday morning with that tell-tell sore throat that always turns into a cold and then this morning to find that my nose and sinuses were achy, so I desperately raided the kitchen cupboards for some kind of defence against the nasty bacteria in my throat. When I found nothing, I spotted some Cayenne Pepper ( now is the time to pay attention) and for some reason, I thought that it would work somehow ( maybe because the pepper could burn the soreness away?) Anyway, before I chugged a mugful of hot spice, I googled the ingredient and found that it thins mucus, fights inflammation, blocks pain receptors and gets rid of congestion.

On a whim, I decided to mix my own concoction of cayenne pepper, honey and warm water and use it as a gargle for my throat. I did this twice this morning, twice this afternoon and once this evening and, what do you know, I feel a lot better! The itching has subsided and my sinuses have cleared up dramatically. I am not completely well, but I feel well, which makes a huge difference to me, especially when making the call whether or not to get back into bed or go to work!. Obviously I doubt that this will work in the exact way for everyone and it would probably be wise to mix a concoction that you don't mind gargling with for a minute three to four times a day.
So there you go- a quick post about something I know we all suffer with at least once in the winter. I hope no one gets ill this year, but if you do, at least you know something that can potentially stop a sore throat and sinus problems in its tracks.

-♥-
On the fourth day of Blogmas, Fiona gave to me, a quick and easy home remedy
-♥- 

BLOGMAS 2014:
ftc: This post was not sponsered, all opinions are my own.

 Stay well
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment