Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday, December 01, 2014

First of Blogmas: Breaking Christmas Traditions



Happy 1st of December! 
I can't believe that the number of weeks left until the end of the year are now countable on one hand, where has the time gone?
So another blogging challenge, one I think I may have trouble keeping up with everyday; nevertheless I will be blogging as often as I can this month for a festive BLOGMAS ( my way of chickening out of VLOGMAS, the more attractive big sister).

Today is a bit of a sit and think post; today, I was reflecting on how different Christmas has been for me. I won't pretend that my kind of Christmas for about 18 years was strictly church-presents-food-movies-bed without any room for change or replacements, but lately, that expectation hasn't necessarily been well... necessary.
Thanks to my working schedule, this Christmas might just be the first that I spend away from my family as I will be clocking in to work in another city. I was and still am bitterly disappointed but I guess that's life. However, thinking about it now, I have realised that if my plans change, my family will always be right where I expect them to be, waiting for me. But for so many others, there won't be a warm welcome home, a huge Christmas dinner with the television on or a family to visit. I know some people who now no longer have that luxury and Christmas to them is the most painful time of year because it reminds them of what they do not have.
I may not be able to be with my blood family this year, but I know that my spiritual family at church will still be there with me.
I may not get my routine for the day on point but to be honest, why should I spend my years doing exactly the same thing for one day when every other day of my life I am encouraged to grow and do things differently.

The point is, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year because we get to be a little more bolder and a little less selfish. We get to realise that what was important a couple of years ago is now trivial and what wasn't important before is now a 'can't do without'. 
This year I would have broken so many of my own Christmas traditions that I may as well call it The New Classic ( yes, that was Iggy inspired). I am sure that someone once said that traditions were made to be broken, so I guess I am inviting YOU, on this first day of December/ Blogmas to make this season a memorable one and make do with what you have been given because quite frankly, it could be a lot worse.

 To new traditions,
God Bless
post signature



Post a Comment

Monday, December 01, 2014

First of Blogmas: Breaking Christmas Traditions



Happy 1st of December! 
I can't believe that the number of weeks left until the end of the year are now countable on one hand, where has the time gone?
So another blogging challenge, one I think I may have trouble keeping up with everyday; nevertheless I will be blogging as often as I can this month for a festive BLOGMAS ( my way of chickening out of VLOGMAS, the more attractive big sister).

Today is a bit of a sit and think post; today, I was reflecting on how different Christmas has been for me. I won't pretend that my kind of Christmas for about 18 years was strictly church-presents-food-movies-bed without any room for change or replacements, but lately, that expectation hasn't necessarily been well... necessary.
Thanks to my working schedule, this Christmas might just be the first that I spend away from my family as I will be clocking in to work in another city. I was and still am bitterly disappointed but I guess that's life. However, thinking about it now, I have realised that if my plans change, my family will always be right where I expect them to be, waiting for me. But for so many others, there won't be a warm welcome home, a huge Christmas dinner with the television on or a family to visit. I know some people who now no longer have that luxury and Christmas to them is the most painful time of year because it reminds them of what they do not have.
I may not be able to be with my blood family this year, but I know that my spiritual family at church will still be there with me.
I may not get my routine for the day on point but to be honest, why should I spend my years doing exactly the same thing for one day when every other day of my life I am encouraged to grow and do things differently.

The point is, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year because we get to be a little more bolder and a little less selfish. We get to realise that what was important a couple of years ago is now trivial and what wasn't important before is now a 'can't do without'. 
This year I would have broken so many of my own Christmas traditions that I may as well call it The New Classic ( yes, that was Iggy inspired). I am sure that someone once said that traditions were made to be broken, so I guess I am inviting YOU, on this first day of December/ Blogmas to make this season a memorable one and make do with what you have been given because quite frankly, it could be a lot worse.

 To new traditions,
God Bless
post signature



Post a Comment