Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Eighteenth of Blogmas: How to get rid of DISCOLOURATION with ORANGE!

Hey Guys! 
Happy 1 Week to GO! Can you believe how close we are to Christmas?
Today I wanted to share a tip I recently learnt this week while watching some of my favourites on Youtube. I have major problems with dark discolouration on my skin, which is extremely common with Asian and Black skin. I get mine around my mouth and nose area, and while I have tried to get rid of it using skin routines, it ain't budging! This trick is the temporary way forward using makeup until your skin co-operates and lightens up if you are trying to treat the dead skin buildup.
All you need is an orange lipstick/ lip liner! The reason this works has something to do with the colour wheel!


Most discolouration takes on dark blue, purple hues (think of under eye circles!) so in order to cancel out these shades, you need to use the opposing colour on the colour wheel, so in this case, oranges/ peach cancel out blue/ purples.
As a note, if you have darker skin tone, dark oranges/ orange will work best, mid tones look great with coral and lighter skin tones work with peach! For me personally, a soft orange will work best. Another note is to keep the products MATTE!

How to apply
From what I have seen, this trick works much better when you use it with a concealer instead of by itself under foundation.
1. Apply your lipstick/ lip liner to discoloured areas of the face and blend in as best as you can. Fingers work the best for this, but I ahve also seen girls using Beauty Blenders
2. Then cover the area with some concealer, dabbing the product at first so not to move the lipstick/lip liner underneath and then buffing to make the colour seem flawless
3. Cover with foundation or skip and head out the door!

Finally, I thought I would gather all the products I have seen girls hype about when using this method for you convenience; in addition, all five of these are extremely affordable at £13 and under. Obviously it would be a good idea to work with swatching and trials before you make that commitment to buy- maybe try it out with a cheap eyeshadow? You're welcome!

from l-r
SLEEK Eau La La Liner in Melba // NYX Lipliner in Orange // MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger // SLEEK True Colour Lipstick in Papaya Punch // REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious

BLOGMAS 2014:
 post signature

Post a Comment

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Eighteenth of Blogmas: How to get rid of DISCOLOURATION with ORANGE!

Hey Guys! 
Happy 1 Week to GO! Can you believe how close we are to Christmas?
Today I wanted to share a tip I recently learnt this week while watching some of my favourites on Youtube. I have major problems with dark discolouration on my skin, which is extremely common with Asian and Black skin. I get mine around my mouth and nose area, and while I have tried to get rid of it using skin routines, it ain't budging! This trick is the temporary way forward using makeup until your skin co-operates and lightens up if you are trying to treat the dead skin buildup.
All you need is an orange lipstick/ lip liner! The reason this works has something to do with the colour wheel!


Most discolouration takes on dark blue, purple hues (think of under eye circles!) so in order to cancel out these shades, you need to use the opposing colour on the colour wheel, so in this case, oranges/ peach cancel out blue/ purples.
As a note, if you have darker skin tone, dark oranges/ orange will work best, mid tones look great with coral and lighter skin tones work with peach! For me personally, a soft orange will work best. Another note is to keep the products MATTE!

How to apply
From what I have seen, this trick works much better when you use it with a concealer instead of by itself under foundation.
1. Apply your lipstick/ lip liner to discoloured areas of the face and blend in as best as you can. Fingers work the best for this, but I ahve also seen girls using Beauty Blenders
2. Then cover the area with some concealer, dabbing the product at first so not to move the lipstick/lip liner underneath and then buffing to make the colour seem flawless
3. Cover with foundation or skip and head out the door!

Finally, I thought I would gather all the products I have seen girls hype about when using this method for you convenience; in addition, all five of these are extremely affordable at £13 and under. Obviously it would be a good idea to work with swatching and trials before you make that commitment to buy- maybe try it out with a cheap eyeshadow? You're welcome!

from l-r
SLEEK Eau La La Liner in Melba // NYX Lipliner in Orange // MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger // SLEEK True Colour Lipstick in Papaya Punch // REVLON Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious

BLOGMAS 2014:
 post signature

Post a Comment