Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday, October 10, 2014

My Current Favourite Fall Lip Combo- BLOGtober #3



 First of all, it's Friday! Sound the alarm; where has the week gone? So, Happy Weekend to you and thank you for rejoining me on my BLOGtober journey!
 
Since Fall/ Autumn has definately hit British shores ( who am I kidding, it is more or less an eternal Autumn here anyway), I have been reaching for the darker shades of lipcolour that I own because, well, who doesn't? I love knowing that it is now time to pull them out again for another year because it is finally cold enough to say that Summer is definitely over. 

I wanted a dark lip for church this Sunday, so I reached for my to go to deep lip colours.

L-R: Raspberry lip gloss // Bordeaux lipstick

The first is Rimmel Bordeaux, which has since been discontinued by the brand. I remember seeing many tutorials by YouTubers featuring this lip colour and it is clear why. It's such a basic beautiful deep berry colour, with easy application and a flawless all day wear. The formulation is creamy enough to smudge the colour out with your fingers if you want a stain, or layer it up if you are going for a vampy look.

The second product is a lip gloss stain from the brand Bella Pierre in the shade Raspberry. This gloss is super thick and works perfectly by itself but layered with Bordeaux, it looks even better. I'd say that this is extremely moisturising, however, I do have the tendency over apply because the applicator picks up a lot of product.



A P P L I C A T I O N
I  outlining my lips with Bordeaux first then I filled them in. After applying the Raspberry gloss, I went around the edges of my lips with Lipcote ( you know, that old fashioned smelly thing that is actually really good, but tastes really bad!). Finally I took a tissue, pulled it apart to get one layer, placed it over my lips and dusted translucent powder over the top -this gets rid of any extra grease and shine and helps to keep the colour from sliding/ smudging all over the face à la Joker style.
.

Although this look is extremely simple, I got a lot of complements on my "daring" look. 
If you want to use this for an everyday look, smudge a tiny bit of Bordeaux across the lips and add one coat of Raspberry over the top for a pop of dark colour, but something not so intense!

~

Thanks for reading, come back later for #4! 
And make sure you watch my September Favourites - my newest video is READY! and you can feast your eyes on it this Monday for #NewVideoMonday on my Youtube Channel!

* This blog post is not sponsored. I purchased the products mentioned with my own money and all opinions are my own


God Bless and Happy Weekend,
post signature

2 comments

  1. what a nice combo! subbed to your YT! you are so beautiful hun x

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thank you soo much for the lovely comment and for subscribing!

      Delete

Friday, October 10, 2014

My Current Favourite Fall Lip Combo- BLOGtober #3



 First of all, it's Friday! Sound the alarm; where has the week gone? So, Happy Weekend to you and thank you for rejoining me on my BLOGtober journey!
 
Since Fall/ Autumn has definately hit British shores ( who am I kidding, it is more or less an eternal Autumn here anyway), I have been reaching for the darker shades of lipcolour that I own because, well, who doesn't? I love knowing that it is now time to pull them out again for another year because it is finally cold enough to say that Summer is definitely over. 

I wanted a dark lip for church this Sunday, so I reached for my to go to deep lip colours.

L-R: Raspberry lip gloss // Bordeaux lipstick

The first is Rimmel Bordeaux, which has since been discontinued by the brand. I remember seeing many tutorials by YouTubers featuring this lip colour and it is clear why. It's such a basic beautiful deep berry colour, with easy application and a flawless all day wear. The formulation is creamy enough to smudge the colour out with your fingers if you want a stain, or layer it up if you are going for a vampy look.

The second product is a lip gloss stain from the brand Bella Pierre in the shade Raspberry. This gloss is super thick and works perfectly by itself but layered with Bordeaux, it looks even better. I'd say that this is extremely moisturising, however, I do have the tendency over apply because the applicator picks up a lot of product.



A P P L I C A T I O N
I  outlining my lips with Bordeaux first then I filled them in. After applying the Raspberry gloss, I went around the edges of my lips with Lipcote ( you know, that old fashioned smelly thing that is actually really good, but tastes really bad!). Finally I took a tissue, pulled it apart to get one layer, placed it over my lips and dusted translucent powder over the top -this gets rid of any extra grease and shine and helps to keep the colour from sliding/ smudging all over the face à la Joker style.
.

Although this look is extremely simple, I got a lot of complements on my "daring" look. 
If you want to use this for an everyday look, smudge a tiny bit of Bordeaux across the lips and add one coat of Raspberry over the top for a pop of dark colour, but something not so intense!

~

Thanks for reading, come back later for #4! 
And make sure you watch my September Favourites - my newest video is READY! and you can feast your eyes on it this Monday for #NewVideoMonday on my Youtube Channel!

* This blog post is not sponsored. I purchased the products mentioned with my own money and all opinions are my own


God Bless and Happy Weekend,
post signature

2 comments

  1. what a nice combo! subbed to your YT! you are so beautiful hun x

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thank you soo much for the lovely comment and for subscribing!

      Delete