Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Mini Review: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - BLOGtober #2


Day Two of Blogtober!
I recently rediscovered this product after tucking it away in a drawer while I moved house back in July and decided to give it another shot. I already introduced this in one of my recent favourites videos but I didn't go into much detail about my expereinces, likes and dislikes- hence today's post. 

The product is the so called affordable version of the Bioderma Cleansing Water - the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. The Bioderma has been a  YouTube sensation among the biggest beauty gurus for about two years and I have heard in their reviews that the Bioderma removes makeup extremely quickly and is great for sensitive skin and waterproof makeup, so I expected the Garnier version to do similar.

This product claims to be a hypoallergenic cleanser that suits all skin types that effectively removes all face, eyes and lips makeup, without having to rub the skin. It also claims to offer approximately 200 applications ( which I think is quite a bold claim). I first picked this up way back at the beginning of summer when it was first launched and completely failed to do a first impressions post.

At first, I was pretty impressed. The formula did indeed look and feel like water and it had no smell or strange taste ( if you were wondering I don't eat my cleansers, I just always manage to get some in my mouth when applying to my face, okay).

My impression today is still more or less the same, although now that I have used for over two months, I have noticed two things that I do not like.
  1. I feel that this cleansing water doesn't cleanse as well as other cleansers. I use my LUSH Fresh Farmacy occasionally in between using this and when I get to toning, the cotton pad with the toner comes away with much less dirt with Fresh Farmacy than the Garnier cleanser.
  2. While the product seems to last a very long time, I always have to use at least two large cotton pads with the cleanser in order to remove most of the makeup/ dirt on my face. I personally cut my large cotton pads in two to save money and I am not a fan of having to use 4 semi circles for one part of my face routine every day.
Saying that, this product definitely benefits your face when you use a toner as well to remove the rest of the dirt/ makeup that it had been unable to clean.

But overall, it seems to be a good cleanser. I love that doesn't dry out my skin and smell funky, so if you want a decent cost effective cleansing water without breaking the bank, this is the one.
 Just make sure you stock up on the cotton pads.

Buy Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Boots | Tesco
~
Thanks for reading, come back tomorrow for #3! 
And make sure you watch my September Favourites because I am editing Monday's #fihasFALLen video no. 4 as we speak!

BLOGtober #1- How to make CLICKABLE Social Media Icons for your Blog

* This blog post is not sponsored. I purchased the products mentioned with my own money and all opinions are my own

God Bless,

post signature

Post a Comment

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Mini Review: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - BLOGtober #2


Day Two of Blogtober!
I recently rediscovered this product after tucking it away in a drawer while I moved house back in July and decided to give it another shot. I already introduced this in one of my recent favourites videos but I didn't go into much detail about my expereinces, likes and dislikes- hence today's post. 

The product is the so called affordable version of the Bioderma Cleansing Water - the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. The Bioderma has been a  YouTube sensation among the biggest beauty gurus for about two years and I have heard in their reviews that the Bioderma removes makeup extremely quickly and is great for sensitive skin and waterproof makeup, so I expected the Garnier version to do similar.

This product claims to be a hypoallergenic cleanser that suits all skin types that effectively removes all face, eyes and lips makeup, without having to rub the skin. It also claims to offer approximately 200 applications ( which I think is quite a bold claim). I first picked this up way back at the beginning of summer when it was first launched and completely failed to do a first impressions post.

At first, I was pretty impressed. The formula did indeed look and feel like water and it had no smell or strange taste ( if you were wondering I don't eat my cleansers, I just always manage to get some in my mouth when applying to my face, okay).

My impression today is still more or less the same, although now that I have used for over two months, I have noticed two things that I do not like.
  1. I feel that this cleansing water doesn't cleanse as well as other cleansers. I use my LUSH Fresh Farmacy occasionally in between using this and when I get to toning, the cotton pad with the toner comes away with much less dirt with Fresh Farmacy than the Garnier cleanser.
  2. While the product seems to last a very long time, I always have to use at least two large cotton pads with the cleanser in order to remove most of the makeup/ dirt on my face. I personally cut my large cotton pads in two to save money and I am not a fan of having to use 4 semi circles for one part of my face routine every day.
Saying that, this product definitely benefits your face when you use a toner as well to remove the rest of the dirt/ makeup that it had been unable to clean.

But overall, it seems to be a good cleanser. I love that doesn't dry out my skin and smell funky, so if you want a decent cost effective cleansing water without breaking the bank, this is the one.
 Just make sure you stock up on the cotton pads.

Buy Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Boots | Tesco
~
Thanks for reading, come back tomorrow for #3! 
And make sure you watch my September Favourites because I am editing Monday's #fihasFALLen video no. 4 as we speak!

BLOGtober #1- How to make CLICKABLE Social Media Icons for your Blog

* This blog post is not sponsored. I purchased the products mentioned with my own money and all opinions are my own

God Bless,

post signature

Post a Comment