Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday, October 24, 2014

How to Start your Day RIGHT in 6 Steps!- BLOGtober #8

Hello Bloggers. I really wanted to inspire you today with something I have personally struggled with over the last couple of months. As a new graduate without a graduate job, I have found getting up in the morning, with no plan or set purpose in the day, to be a real challenge, and I usually end the day feeling down and slightly depressed. I'm glad I have such a great network of friends and family around me to encourage me, but sometimes I can't help but feel useless and miserable. I won't lie and say that I never feel like that occasionally, but overall, I have managed to be more positive about my situation- by simply doing these 6 things every morning before my day truly begins.

1. Prayer and devotion. As a Christian, I truly believe in opening my day with a Bible reading and prayer- both of these remind me that I have chosen to put my day in God's hands, no matter what I end up doing, and that he has ultimate control. I love 1 Peter 5:7 which says  "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you". Being a Christian means not having to carry all the weight of the day alone, but being able to give Jesus some to hold while you tackle what you can!
2. Stretch it Out! Next, I jump out of bed and shake off any stiffness with a short stretching routine. I have bad posture and as a result, an achy upper back, so I have been trying to stretch my upper body every morning for at least 10 minutes. If you stretch, it wakes up your muscles and loosens any that have bunched up when you sleep. Trust me, a good cat-cow stretch gets me going. A short burst of cardio also does wonders-  Cassey Ho from Blogilates has both, so check her out.
3. Prioritise breakfast. I was taught as a child to NEVER skip breakfast- it is the most important meal of the day, making up over 60% of your daily intake.. Stretching gets your muscles going, breakfast gets your brain moving. If you don't have time to make something, why not prepare the night before, or grab a piece of fruit and a breakfast bar at least. When I have time, I love making easy gluten free banana pancakes or a Wake- Up smoothie.
4. Plan Ahead. Even if you may be waiting in the jobless chair at the moment, you can still make an effort to do something! If you plan a range of activities for the day and physically tick them off on your phone or a Post-It, you will start to feel like you are accomplishing something, even if it is just chores. Go on a walk around your neighbourhood to get some fresh air, volunteer, go clean your parent's house ( this one is the one), blog, film videos, or even do some yoga. It all builds up to that feeling of self worth.
5. Eat the Frog. This is a weird expression but I heard that the first thing you must always do everyday is eat the Frog. That just means get the most stressful, complicated and nerve wracking thing done FIRST, while you are motivated and well fed, and then tackle everything else, winding down your day with the easiest last. This could be completing another job application ( yes, that is me) volunteering to go first for your school presentation, running into town with a big shopping list, or making that call. When it is all over, the relief that you get is amazing. So do it, and then treat yourself afterwards for being brave!
6. Shake it Off! Last but not least, before I leave the house, I stand in the hallway in front of the door and, no lie! put on my favourite song and let off any left over negativity with a quick song and dance. Not only will this get your adrenaline going, and your heart pumping, you will finish off the song and be like "Wooo, I got this, nothing is impossible!". If you don't know what to listen to, then here are a few of my favourites right now to get you started:
Taylor Swift-Shake It Off ( of course)
Pharrell Williams- Happy
Kierra Sheard- Go!
Moriah Peters- Brave
Planetshakers- Nothing is Impossible
Lecrae- Nuthin'
 ( Look at the song titles and you'll get an idea of what you are looking for! You can also check out my CURRENT MUSIC FAVS for some inspiration for a new playlist)

 Then when you've recovered from panting and catching your breath, you are ready to leave and start your day!
~
Hope that helps someone today, let me know if you smiled or have any more good tips to share!
My previous posts for Blogtober are available to read here! 
See you at the weekend
Have a great day
God Bless
 post signature

Post a Comment

Friday, October 24, 2014

How to Start your Day RIGHT in 6 Steps!- BLOGtober #8

Hello Bloggers. I really wanted to inspire you today with something I have personally struggled with over the last couple of months. As a new graduate without a graduate job, I have found getting up in the morning, with no plan or set purpose in the day, to be a real challenge, and I usually end the day feeling down and slightly depressed. I'm glad I have such a great network of friends and family around me to encourage me, but sometimes I can't help but feel useless and miserable. I won't lie and say that I never feel like that occasionally, but overall, I have managed to be more positive about my situation- by simply doing these 6 things every morning before my day truly begins.

1. Prayer and devotion. As a Christian, I truly believe in opening my day with a Bible reading and prayer- both of these remind me that I have chosen to put my day in God's hands, no matter what I end up doing, and that he has ultimate control. I love 1 Peter 5:7 which says  "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you". Being a Christian means not having to carry all the weight of the day alone, but being able to give Jesus some to hold while you tackle what you can!
2. Stretch it Out! Next, I jump out of bed and shake off any stiffness with a short stretching routine. I have bad posture and as a result, an achy upper back, so I have been trying to stretch my upper body every morning for at least 10 minutes. If you stretch, it wakes up your muscles and loosens any that have bunched up when you sleep. Trust me, a good cat-cow stretch gets me going. A short burst of cardio also does wonders-  Cassey Ho from Blogilates has both, so check her out.
3. Prioritise breakfast. I was taught as a child to NEVER skip breakfast- it is the most important meal of the day, making up over 60% of your daily intake.. Stretching gets your muscles going, breakfast gets your brain moving. If you don't have time to make something, why not prepare the night before, or grab a piece of fruit and a breakfast bar at least. When I have time, I love making easy gluten free banana pancakes or a Wake- Up smoothie.
4. Plan Ahead. Even if you may be waiting in the jobless chair at the moment, you can still make an effort to do something! If you plan a range of activities for the day and physically tick them off on your phone or a Post-It, you will start to feel like you are accomplishing something, even if it is just chores. Go on a walk around your neighbourhood to get some fresh air, volunteer, go clean your parent's house ( this one is the one), blog, film videos, or even do some yoga. It all builds up to that feeling of self worth.
5. Eat the Frog. This is a weird expression but I heard that the first thing you must always do everyday is eat the Frog. That just means get the most stressful, complicated and nerve wracking thing done FIRST, while you are motivated and well fed, and then tackle everything else, winding down your day with the easiest last. This could be completing another job application ( yes, that is me) volunteering to go first for your school presentation, running into town with a big shopping list, or making that call. When it is all over, the relief that you get is amazing. So do it, and then treat yourself afterwards for being brave!
6. Shake it Off! Last but not least, before I leave the house, I stand in the hallway in front of the door and, no lie! put on my favourite song and let off any left over negativity with a quick song and dance. Not only will this get your adrenaline going, and your heart pumping, you will finish off the song and be like "Wooo, I got this, nothing is impossible!". If you don't know what to listen to, then here are a few of my favourites right now to get you started:
Taylor Swift-Shake It Off ( of course)
Pharrell Williams- Happy
Kierra Sheard- Go!
Moriah Peters- Brave
Planetshakers- Nothing is Impossible
Lecrae- Nuthin'
 ( Look at the song titles and you'll get an idea of what you are looking for! You can also check out my CURRENT MUSIC FAVS for some inspiration for a new playlist)

 Then when you've recovered from panting and catching your breath, you are ready to leave and start your day!
~
Hope that helps someone today, let me know if you smiled or have any more good tips to share!
My previous posts for Blogtober are available to read here! 
See you at the weekend
Have a great day
God Bless
 post signature

Post a Comment