Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Foodie Fav: Pumpkin Pie Cookies with Caramel Frosting!- BLOGtober #4

 

My sweet tooth gets a serious party when Summer is in town, but not so much when it gets colder. This is for obvious reasons like "Frappucinos and smoothies don't really do it for my tongue when it's minus degrees outside",  " Chocolate is pretty hard to savour if it's block hard" and " Slushies and ice cream give a brain freeze like no other on top of the one you already have, courtesy of the weather".
 But when has that ever stopped me from eating a tonne of sugar? Erm, never.

I love baking these cookies/ cakes when it gets to Autumn because they are supposedly Autumn inspired- they aren't healthy ( who cares) what with all that sugar, butter and cream, but they are worth a taste. I first found out about this from Bethany Mota's cooking video back in 2012 and I have been addicted ever since! What is better that caramel frosting, warm spices and pumpkin puree? If you haven't made them, I will leave the recipe below as well as some pictures of the baking process: if that doesn't compel you to try them I don't know what will!

 













R E C I P E
 For the Cookies
1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar

Preheat your oven to 180c/ 350f
Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl- I have found that if you change the quantity of caster sugar and brown sugar, the cookies come out with different texture. Less caster sugar and more brown sugar makes harder cookies, less brown sugar and more caster sugar makes softer cookies/ cakey cookies.
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence/ extract
Add the egg and vanilla and mix again
1 cup pumpkin 
Add the pumpkin, mix and put aside

2 cups plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional)
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs ground cinnamon

In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients, mix and add to the other mixture.
Mix again.
On a cookie tray/ baking tray, add tablespoons of the mixture and set in the oven for about 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool
For the Frosting
3 tsb butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
 
Turn on a hob to medium heat. In a small saucepan, add the butter and allow to melt. Stir in the sugar, wait for it to melt and finally, add the cream. Take the pan off the fire and leave to cool.
1 cup icing/ confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence/ extract
After about half an hour, the caramel should be cool. Add the icing sugar gradually, stir and then add the vanilla and stir again.
Using a wooden spoon, drop a dollop of frosting on a cookie and swirl using the back of the spoon. Repeat to all your cookies.

~
Hope you all go and try this recipe, it's delicious.
Make sure you check out my new video that I just uploaded to my Youtube channel, it's a FALL HAUL!

If you like reading my blog, please make sure you follow me on Bloglovin or add me via Google+ ( check out the right side of this page to do that!)

~ Other BLOGtober 2014 posts ~
Thanks for reading
God Bless
post signature

Post a Comment

Monday, October 13, 2014

Fall Foodie Fav: Pumpkin Pie Cookies with Caramel Frosting!- BLOGtober #4

 

My sweet tooth gets a serious party when Summer is in town, but not so much when it gets colder. This is for obvious reasons like "Frappucinos and smoothies don't really do it for my tongue when it's minus degrees outside",  " Chocolate is pretty hard to savour if it's block hard" and " Slushies and ice cream give a brain freeze like no other on top of the one you already have, courtesy of the weather".
 But when has that ever stopped me from eating a tonne of sugar? Erm, never.

I love baking these cookies/ cakes when it gets to Autumn because they are supposedly Autumn inspired- they aren't healthy ( who cares) what with all that sugar, butter and cream, but they are worth a taste. I first found out about this from Bethany Mota's cooking video back in 2012 and I have been addicted ever since! What is better that caramel frosting, warm spices and pumpkin puree? If you haven't made them, I will leave the recipe below as well as some pictures of the baking process: if that doesn't compel you to try them I don't know what will!

 













R E C I P E
 For the Cookies
1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar

Preheat your oven to 180c/ 350f
Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl- I have found that if you change the quantity of caster sugar and brown sugar, the cookies come out with different texture. Less caster sugar and more brown sugar makes harder cookies, less brown sugar and more caster sugar makes softer cookies/ cakey cookies.
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence/ extract
Add the egg and vanilla and mix again
1 cup pumpkin 
Add the pumpkin, mix and put aside

2 cups plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves (optional)
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs ground cinnamon

In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients, mix and add to the other mixture.
Mix again.
On a cookie tray/ baking tray, add tablespoons of the mixture and set in the oven for about 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool
For the Frosting
3 tsb butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
 
Turn on a hob to medium heat. In a small saucepan, add the butter and allow to melt. Stir in the sugar, wait for it to melt and finally, add the cream. Take the pan off the fire and leave to cool.
1 cup icing/ confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence/ extract
After about half an hour, the caramel should be cool. Add the icing sugar gradually, stir and then add the vanilla and stir again.
Using a wooden spoon, drop a dollop of frosting on a cookie and swirl using the back of the spoon. Repeat to all your cookies.

~
Hope you all go and try this recipe, it's delicious.
Make sure you check out my new video that I just uploaded to my Youtube channel, it's a FALL HAUL!

If you like reading my blog, please make sure you follow me on Bloglovin or add me via Google+ ( check out the right side of this page to do that!)

~ Other BLOGtober 2014 posts ~
Thanks for reading
God Bless
post signature

Post a Comment