Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Current Music Loves- BLOGtober #7



l-r clockwise from top: Lecrae, Moriah Peters, Tori Kelly and Professor Green,  One Direction, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith, Jessie Ware, Birdy. Photo created by: FionaBrianne
I've already shared my favourite three TV Series for the season, so I though it was time to share what's been on repeat on my Spotify recently. You all know how much I love Spotify, I actually have over 16 playlists on there because I just can't let go of old favourites, but, every now and then I create a new playlist of new tunes I come across that I immediately fall for.
Here's what I have been loving so far this month!

1. Lecrae- Anomaly Album. All hail the King of Gospel music. My church youth group play this album all day errday, it is literally our theme.I noticed that my sister ( who is also doing blogtober this year) featured this very album as a favourite in a blog post and I completely agree. There's an amazing mix of deep, emotional, break-into-a-dance and catchy songs on this album but my favourites are Runners, Timepiece, All I Need is You and Nuthin'. Trust me when I say that you will listen once and fall in love.
2. Moriah Peters- Brave Album. I mentioned this in a recent favourites video in the Summer, yet this album still gets a slot on my repeat play queue. Moriah has such a big heart and a big voice with a big message about making a difference for Christ. My favourites right now are definitely Born To Be Free and Give Me Jesus.
3. Professor Green ft. Tori Kelly- "Lullaby". So. This is my tu-ne right now. I cannot describe how much I love Tori Kelly, I could listen to her voice all day ( can I just say that I stalk her Twitter, IG and YouTube account, no shame). Prof. Green isn't typically someone I'd listen to, but if you read the lyrics to the song, it is quite a deep tormented song about struggling through troubles and being unable to cope. This song is so catchy and they seriously make such a good duo. If you like Read All About It, you will love this.
4. One Direction- "Steal My Girl". Unashamed. I love this song, so much. This accidentally got stuck in my head at the beginning of the month, thanks to the world of YouTube and now I can't get it out and I don't want to! I dare anyone to try and pretend they don't like this song.
5. Ariana Grande- My Everything album. Again, another love from my favourites. I didn't initially like this album, but it has definitely grown on me over the month. I love how smooth and easy it is to listen to; I have been using this as Getting Ready background music, but I have started to gfet distracted! This month I have listened to One Last Time and Why Try more times than I can count.
6. Sam Smith- "I Know I'm Not The Only One". Oh Mr Sam Smith. For this one, I have to thank Spotify and their Feed page which alerted me that Sam Smith had another tune available- thank you Spotty! I have yet to met anyone who doesn't like this guy- he has such a beautiful gift for singing and songwriting. This song is soo chilled, I must have listened to the first couple of lines and immediately added it to my playlist.
7. Jessie Ware- "Wildest Moments". I know that Jessie has a new album called Tough Love (ICYMI) but for me, Wildest Moments is an oldie but a Goldie. I hear this song in shops and I always feel to play it through my own headphones; when the beat drops, it has me going!
8. Birdy- "Young Blood". My last favourite is a cover by Birdy and this is simply because she has a really distinctive husky voice, one that I wish I had. The song has cropped up in my videos if you listen out for it and is originally by The Naked and Famous. I notice that when it gets a bit colder, I tend to love listening to alternative/ indie music- maybe that is just part of me that is trying to me Tumblr-y, but hey! I'm up for trying anything.
~
And that concludes today's post.
Let me know what your current song favourites are and if you also like any of the albums/ songs mentioned, comment away.
The rest of BLOGtober is available here to read if you missed any of the posts, but stay tuned because of course I will be back in about two days with number 8!

Till blogpost #8
God Bless,
post signature







 

Post a Comment

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Current Music Loves- BLOGtober #7



l-r clockwise from top: Lecrae, Moriah Peters, Tori Kelly and Professor Green,  One Direction, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith, Jessie Ware, Birdy. Photo created by: FionaBrianne
I've already shared my favourite three TV Series for the season, so I though it was time to share what's been on repeat on my Spotify recently. You all know how much I love Spotify, I actually have over 16 playlists on there because I just can't let go of old favourites, but, every now and then I create a new playlist of new tunes I come across that I immediately fall for.
Here's what I have been loving so far this month!

1. Lecrae- Anomaly Album. All hail the King of Gospel music. My church youth group play this album all day errday, it is literally our theme.I noticed that my sister ( who is also doing blogtober this year) featured this very album as a favourite in a blog post and I completely agree. There's an amazing mix of deep, emotional, break-into-a-dance and catchy songs on this album but my favourites are Runners, Timepiece, All I Need is You and Nuthin'. Trust me when I say that you will listen once and fall in love.
2. Moriah Peters- Brave Album. I mentioned this in a recent favourites video in the Summer, yet this album still gets a slot on my repeat play queue. Moriah has such a big heart and a big voice with a big message about making a difference for Christ. My favourites right now are definitely Born To Be Free and Give Me Jesus.
3. Professor Green ft. Tori Kelly- "Lullaby". So. This is my tu-ne right now. I cannot describe how much I love Tori Kelly, I could listen to her voice all day ( can I just say that I stalk her Twitter, IG and YouTube account, no shame). Prof. Green isn't typically someone I'd listen to, but if you read the lyrics to the song, it is quite a deep tormented song about struggling through troubles and being unable to cope. This song is so catchy and they seriously make such a good duo. If you like Read All About It, you will love this.
4. One Direction- "Steal My Girl". Unashamed. I love this song, so much. This accidentally got stuck in my head at the beginning of the month, thanks to the world of YouTube and now I can't get it out and I don't want to! I dare anyone to try and pretend they don't like this song.
5. Ariana Grande- My Everything album. Again, another love from my favourites. I didn't initially like this album, but it has definitely grown on me over the month. I love how smooth and easy it is to listen to; I have been using this as Getting Ready background music, but I have started to gfet distracted! This month I have listened to One Last Time and Why Try more times than I can count.
6. Sam Smith- "I Know I'm Not The Only One". Oh Mr Sam Smith. For this one, I have to thank Spotify and their Feed page which alerted me that Sam Smith had another tune available- thank you Spotty! I have yet to met anyone who doesn't like this guy- he has such a beautiful gift for singing and songwriting. This song is soo chilled, I must have listened to the first couple of lines and immediately added it to my playlist.
7. Jessie Ware- "Wildest Moments". I know that Jessie has a new album called Tough Love (ICYMI) but for me, Wildest Moments is an oldie but a Goldie. I hear this song in shops and I always feel to play it through my own headphones; when the beat drops, it has me going!
8. Birdy- "Young Blood". My last favourite is a cover by Birdy and this is simply because she has a really distinctive husky voice, one that I wish I had. The song has cropped up in my videos if you listen out for it and is originally by The Naked and Famous. I notice that when it gets a bit colder, I tend to love listening to alternative/ indie music- maybe that is just part of me that is trying to me Tumblr-y, but hey! I'm up for trying anything.
~
And that concludes today's post.
Let me know what your current song favourites are and if you also like any of the albums/ songs mentioned, comment away.
The rest of BLOGtober is available here to read if you missed any of the posts, but stay tuned because of course I will be back in about two days with number 8!

Till blogpost #8
God Bless,
post signature







 

Post a Comment