Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday, October 27, 2014

Haul: Skincare from The Body Shop- BLOGtober #9


Hello! Happy Official Out-Of-The-Summer-Time-It's-Soo- dark- Winter, hope you all had a peaceful extra hour in bed yesterday morning! I can't believe that Blogtober is almost over. I know I've only posted about 8 times, but the month has soared by.

 Anyway, on Saturday after work, I decided to wander into the Body Shop to see what goodies they have recently added to their shelves for Christmas. Although I spent a lot of time sniffing at their body butters, I decided it was about time to get a new cleanser ( if you watch my YT videos, you will know I recently finished my LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser). So I walked out of the shop with a new cleanser as well as some other bits and bobs, managing to save myself £43.00. Insane, I know. One of the reasons I love shopping there is not only because it tends to be a lot more peaceful than Superdrugs, Boots and LUSH, but also because the staff there are on point!- they know about their products. Everything I hauled today ended up in my basket because of one very lovely and eager shop assistant, so kudos to her, I hope she gets commission!

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter // £12.00


This cleansing butter is the cousin of the Camomile Cleansing Oil that I love so much and finished at the beginning of the year. The shop assistant literally convinced me to try this formulation instead because it can be used on a more daily basis, lasts twice as long and only needs a pinch to work well. She showed me how easy the butter melts on the skin- it is the smoothest cleanser I have ever felt, I was sold. This retails for a pound more than the oil but I can see how long this is going to last.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream // £11.00
 

I have been wanting to try an eye cream for ages to combat my recent panda eye look. I heard the same shop assistant explain to another customer that this eye cream gently gets rid of wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles and is perfect for anyone who wants to start looking after their under eye area. Since it is gentle, it works great for anyone with sensitive skin, and at only £11.00, it is pretty cheap in comparison to other eye cream currently on the market. Yes, I would love to try Origins, but finances don't permit right now.

 The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3-In-1 Scrub Mask // £10.00


So this is where I show why I love shopping in TBS, especially when they have sales and offers. I managed to get this scrub for free thanks to the 3 for 2 offer that is currently available in most stores ( you're welcome). I got a little excited at the prospect of getting a free item and nearly wasted it on another facial brush. Rethinking my decision, I asked the assistant to recommend something. She then went on to introduce me to this little gem, which keeps combination skin in great condition by weekly taking away shine and polishing rough skin to prevent breakouts. I was particularly interested in this when I saw it because it reminded me that I had seen my sister using Micheal Todd's Honey and Oat Cleanser, and although MT is timer more expensive, the honey and oat combination was calling my name. 

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream // £5.00


Last but not least, another free product. I received this for free on this visit because I decided to renew my membership card ( which is amazing if you have never signed up for one- you get 10% off every purchase, gifts on your birthdays and money off on selected visits). I chose Wild Rose just because I love the smell, but this cream is supposed to prevent the appearance of brown spots- don't worry, this tends to be an attribute for senior citizens, however prevention is better than cure, right? Also, I managed to get my membership renewed for only £2.50!

~
 I will definitely be returning to TBS before Christmas to stock up on beauty gifts for the loved ones because they have some really amazing products in store right now; I know for sure I have got to get a Christmas themeV fragrance whatever I do. Make sure you check out your local TBS for the current 3 for 2 discount, and if you need to renew your membership card, do that too while membership renewal stands at half price.

 That's all for today. Since it is #NewVideoMonday, there is a new video up on my YouTube channel, so make sure you go and watch and subscribe if you like watching people talk about beauty, makeup, buying things and things they don't like very week. And again, if you have missed my Blogtober series, click here and allposts will become available instantly!
Have a blessed week everyone!

Happy Daylight Saving!
 Thanks for reading,
post signature





3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, that is soo sweet of you, thanks for reading and for commenting xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely haul! The Body Shop do have some great offers on and the quality of their products is amazing. The camomile balm cleanser is something I will be trying soon!

    Can't beat a spot of post-work shopping! :)

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete

Monday, October 27, 2014

Haul: Skincare from The Body Shop- BLOGtober #9


Hello! Happy Official Out-Of-The-Summer-Time-It's-Soo- dark- Winter, hope you all had a peaceful extra hour in bed yesterday morning! I can't believe that Blogtober is almost over. I know I've only posted about 8 times, but the month has soared by.

 Anyway, on Saturday after work, I decided to wander into the Body Shop to see what goodies they have recently added to their shelves for Christmas. Although I spent a lot of time sniffing at their body butters, I decided it was about time to get a new cleanser ( if you watch my YT videos, you will know I recently finished my LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser). So I walked out of the shop with a new cleanser as well as some other bits and bobs, managing to save myself £43.00. Insane, I know. One of the reasons I love shopping there is not only because it tends to be a lot more peaceful than Superdrugs, Boots and LUSH, but also because the staff there are on point!- they know about their products. Everything I hauled today ended up in my basket because of one very lovely and eager shop assistant, so kudos to her, I hope she gets commission!

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter // £12.00


This cleansing butter is the cousin of the Camomile Cleansing Oil that I love so much and finished at the beginning of the year. The shop assistant literally convinced me to try this formulation instead because it can be used on a more daily basis, lasts twice as long and only needs a pinch to work well. She showed me how easy the butter melts on the skin- it is the smoothest cleanser I have ever felt, I was sold. This retails for a pound more than the oil but I can see how long this is going to last.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream // £11.00
 

I have been wanting to try an eye cream for ages to combat my recent panda eye look. I heard the same shop assistant explain to another customer that this eye cream gently gets rid of wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles and is perfect for anyone who wants to start looking after their under eye area. Since it is gentle, it works great for anyone with sensitive skin, and at only £11.00, it is pretty cheap in comparison to other eye cream currently on the market. Yes, I would love to try Origins, but finances don't permit right now.

 The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3-In-1 Scrub Mask // £10.00


So this is where I show why I love shopping in TBS, especially when they have sales and offers. I managed to get this scrub for free thanks to the 3 for 2 offer that is currently available in most stores ( you're welcome). I got a little excited at the prospect of getting a free item and nearly wasted it on another facial brush. Rethinking my decision, I asked the assistant to recommend something. She then went on to introduce me to this little gem, which keeps combination skin in great condition by weekly taking away shine and polishing rough skin to prevent breakouts. I was particularly interested in this when I saw it because it reminded me that I had seen my sister using Micheal Todd's Honey and Oat Cleanser, and although MT is timer more expensive, the honey and oat combination was calling my name. 

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream // £5.00


Last but not least, another free product. I received this for free on this visit because I decided to renew my membership card ( which is amazing if you have never signed up for one- you get 10% off every purchase, gifts on your birthdays and money off on selected visits). I chose Wild Rose just because I love the smell, but this cream is supposed to prevent the appearance of brown spots- don't worry, this tends to be an attribute for senior citizens, however prevention is better than cure, right? Also, I managed to get my membership renewed for only £2.50!

~
 I will definitely be returning to TBS before Christmas to stock up on beauty gifts for the loved ones because they have some really amazing products in store right now; I know for sure I have got to get a Christmas themeV fragrance whatever I do. Make sure you check out your local TBS for the current 3 for 2 discount, and if you need to renew your membership card, do that too while membership renewal stands at half price.

 That's all for today. Since it is #NewVideoMonday, there is a new video up on my YouTube channel, so make sure you go and watch and subscribe if you like watching people talk about beauty, makeup, buying things and things they don't like very week. And again, if you have missed my Blogtober series, click here and allposts will become available instantly!
Have a blessed week everyone!

Happy Daylight Saving!
 Thanks for reading,
post signature





3 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, that is soo sweet of you, thanks for reading and for commenting xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely haul! The Body Shop do have some great offers on and the quality of their products is amazing. The camomile balm cleanser is something I will be trying soon!

    Can't beat a spot of post-work shopping! :)

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete