Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday, October 16, 2014

3 TV Series Musts for Fall/Autumn!- BLOGtober #5

For me, September and October used to mean running up and down at my university campus, rolled up in wool, trying to get ahead for the new academic year. Now that I no longer have that student status, a new academic year now means " OHMYDAYS, its time for a new TV SERIES!" 
Fall= heaps of new TV Series premieres and the return of your favourite show with a brand new season to get your teeth stuck into. 
Over the past couple of years, my Fall/Autumn viewing has changed considerably with the loss of some golden shows ( Gossip Girl, sob) as well as some that apparently weren't good enough to continue ( The Lying Game? Twisted? ABC Family, why?).
But this year, my Fall show line up consists of  3 shows I can honestly say I am addicted to!
 
  1. Revenge. This show is one of those shows that I really shouldn't enjoy but, ah! I really really do. ICYMI, Revenge is about a young woman, Emily ( Emily Van Camp) who tries to exact revenge on a group of people who caused her father to be wrongly accused of terrorism and imprisoned, including a rich and affluent Hampton based family called The Graysons. Now that we are on Season 4, you would have though that Emily- whose actual name is Amanda, yes its one of those complicating storylines- would have finished getting her own back, but no of course not, where is the fun in that? For those of you who watch it, what is going on!? Season 4 has been intense and no lie, has had me racing to watch the newest episode as soon as I get the chance.
  2. The Vampire Diaries. TVD is another series that should have found a conclusion by now- it did premiere in 2009- but the residents of Mystic Falls are still running around after each other *spoiler alert* outside of Mystic Falls. I haven't liked moody- always- crying- and-pouting Elena for some seasons now, but with the return of Alaric, Stefan's new mysterious lifestyle and the alliance of Bonnie and Damon ( Team Donnie?) how can I stay away?
  3. How to Get Away with Murder. If you like Scandal, you will love HTGAWM ( well, they are both produced by Shonda Rhimes). This series just premiered this month and I am in love already- there's plenty of relationship drama, secrecy, competition and plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. The story follows a law professor who chooses five college students to shadow her as she helps clients win difficult cases- but then they get involved in a murder plot and work together to try and, you guessed it, get away with murder.

Please! let me know what you are currently obsessing over this Fall/ Autumn season and leave me a list in the comments sections so I can start something new! Also, let me know also what you think will happen in any of the three series I mentioned above, I LOVE reading plot theories!

That's all for now folks, so go and grab your remote! I'm warning you now, you WILL become addicted!

God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment

Thursday, October 16, 2014

3 TV Series Musts for Fall/Autumn!- BLOGtober #5

For me, September and October used to mean running up and down at my university campus, rolled up in wool, trying to get ahead for the new academic year. Now that I no longer have that student status, a new academic year now means " OHMYDAYS, its time for a new TV SERIES!" 
Fall= heaps of new TV Series premieres and the return of your favourite show with a brand new season to get your teeth stuck into. 
Over the past couple of years, my Fall/Autumn viewing has changed considerably with the loss of some golden shows ( Gossip Girl, sob) as well as some that apparently weren't good enough to continue ( The Lying Game? Twisted? ABC Family, why?).
But this year, my Fall show line up consists of  3 shows I can honestly say I am addicted to!
 
  1. Revenge. This show is one of those shows that I really shouldn't enjoy but, ah! I really really do. ICYMI, Revenge is about a young woman, Emily ( Emily Van Camp) who tries to exact revenge on a group of people who caused her father to be wrongly accused of terrorism and imprisoned, including a rich and affluent Hampton based family called The Graysons. Now that we are on Season 4, you would have though that Emily- whose actual name is Amanda, yes its one of those complicating storylines- would have finished getting her own back, but no of course not, where is the fun in that? For those of you who watch it, what is going on!? Season 4 has been intense and no lie, has had me racing to watch the newest episode as soon as I get the chance.
  2. The Vampire Diaries. TVD is another series that should have found a conclusion by now- it did premiere in 2009- but the residents of Mystic Falls are still running around after each other *spoiler alert* outside of Mystic Falls. I haven't liked moody- always- crying- and-pouting Elena for some seasons now, but with the return of Alaric, Stefan's new mysterious lifestyle and the alliance of Bonnie and Damon ( Team Donnie?) how can I stay away?
  3. How to Get Away with Murder. If you like Scandal, you will love HTGAWM ( well, they are both produced by Shonda Rhimes). This series just premiered this month and I am in love already- there's plenty of relationship drama, secrecy, competition and plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. The story follows a law professor who chooses five college students to shadow her as she helps clients win difficult cases- but then they get involved in a murder plot and work together to try and, you guessed it, get away with murder.

Please! let me know what you are currently obsessing over this Fall/ Autumn season and leave me a list in the comments sections so I can start something new! Also, let me know also what you think will happen in any of the three series I mentioned above, I LOVE reading plot theories!

That's all for now folks, so go and grab your remote! I'm warning you now, you WILL become addicted!

God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment