Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

£3.50 Real Techniques Brush Set?! | Superdrug Deals of the Week!



As usual, I love a good bargain, so I knew I had to share with you guys what I found on another random trip to Superdrugs during my lunch break.
# insertthesmh
I found a couple of beauty things in the 'damaged product' bucket which, if I am honest, is the last place I woul ever peek into, but after today, will efinately be the first next time as these were probably the best purchases I have made in a while.

*

MUA Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow  // £4.00 > £1.50


The first is one of the MUA eyeshaow palettes which are a personal favourite of mine becauae they are cheap, cheerful and they are extremly pigmented. I don't own this palette and had planned to buy it when it first came out, but I talked myself out of it because I had something similar at the time.




 The palette has 12 eyeshadow colours and of the 12, three were shattered, hence the markdown. Thankfully, the three broken colours are extremely glittery and much too pale for my skintone, so I would not have used them anyway. The colour scheme itself is very earthy, hence the name, and I think the darker colours would look great for an autumn makeup look.

 *
Rimmel London Lipstick "Sugar Plum" £4.99 > £2.50 




Rimmel lipsticks are definately one of my favourite go to brands, especially for those deep and dark shades for the autumn and winter. I find that the Lasting Finish range ( the ones with the pretty crown stamp and dark purple packagaing) live up to expectations with great colour payoff and long lasting colour. 
This one does not disappoint. 

 
 Sugar Plum is a vibrant pinky purple colour with tiny little white glitters, which makes it quite a 'look at me' New Years Eve party like colour. Although I failed to take pictures of the swatch on my lips, it shows up really well and feels nice and creamy. I found this in perfect condition, with no lip marks, smudges or cracks in sight, so perhaps this is really a clearance item rather than a damaged one. 

*
Real Techniques Mini Brush Set £7.99 > £3.50

This is by far my favourite find out of all three bargains just because it is Real Techniques. When I say I was incredibly close to buying this exact kit last week, I am not joking; I got to the tills and changed my mind, so obviously when I saw this in the bottom of the toss out bucket, I was absolutely delighted because it was selling for better than half price!



The kit consists of three mini brushes from the original RT brush kit, shrunk in order to be travel sized: the mini shading, foundation and face brush, which are supposed to be the three favourites/ must haves of the entire RT line. I have heard so many good things about the RT line and since my beloved Sigma makeup brushes are shedding like no one's buisness, I may have to make the permenant switch very soon.


Likewise with the lipstick, I am unsure why these brushes were in the damaged bucket. They are in perfect condition, unused and clean. The only reason could be that the sealing on the packaging was a little dirty from makeup residue and slightly peeling, but that was it! Even the checkout girl was saying she had no idea why the items were on clearance. All I can say is that God is on my side because a saving of just under £10 is quite incredible.
"When Jesus says yes, nobody can say no"

The moral of the story is wait a while if you can, you never know what kind of mood your drugstore will be in the week after.

Total = £7.50
Savings = £9.50


~
So that is all for this week! I realise that I have not posted in a while, but I have been very busy with life commitments etc etc, but I have lots of posts planned, especially for my Blogging Secrets series that is going better than I expected, so thanks for the comments and suggestions.
If you havent seen the series, here are the posts so far:



Lastly, make sure you enter my 1,000 subscribers giveaway over on my YT channel for your chance in winning some FREE beauty, fashion and tech goodies!


*note* these savings are probably exclusive to my local Superdrugs only, so on't expect to see these exact products on sale. However, it oesnt mean that you have to keep walking past the bargain bucket as you might fin some deals of your own

Happy Shopping
God Bless
post signature

Post a Comment

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

£3.50 Real Techniques Brush Set?! | Superdrug Deals of the Week!



As usual, I love a good bargain, so I knew I had to share with you guys what I found on another random trip to Superdrugs during my lunch break.
# insertthesmh
I found a couple of beauty things in the 'damaged product' bucket which, if I am honest, is the last place I woul ever peek into, but after today, will efinately be the first next time as these were probably the best purchases I have made in a while.

*

MUA Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow  // £4.00 > £1.50


The first is one of the MUA eyeshaow palettes which are a personal favourite of mine becauae they are cheap, cheerful and they are extremly pigmented. I don't own this palette and had planned to buy it when it first came out, but I talked myself out of it because I had something similar at the time.




 The palette has 12 eyeshadow colours and of the 12, three were shattered, hence the markdown. Thankfully, the three broken colours are extremely glittery and much too pale for my skintone, so I would not have used them anyway. The colour scheme itself is very earthy, hence the name, and I think the darker colours would look great for an autumn makeup look.

 *
Rimmel London Lipstick "Sugar Plum" £4.99 > £2.50 




Rimmel lipsticks are definately one of my favourite go to brands, especially for those deep and dark shades for the autumn and winter. I find that the Lasting Finish range ( the ones with the pretty crown stamp and dark purple packagaing) live up to expectations with great colour payoff and long lasting colour. 
This one does not disappoint. 

 
 Sugar Plum is a vibrant pinky purple colour with tiny little white glitters, which makes it quite a 'look at me' New Years Eve party like colour. Although I failed to take pictures of the swatch on my lips, it shows up really well and feels nice and creamy. I found this in perfect condition, with no lip marks, smudges or cracks in sight, so perhaps this is really a clearance item rather than a damaged one. 

*
Real Techniques Mini Brush Set £7.99 > £3.50

This is by far my favourite find out of all three bargains just because it is Real Techniques. When I say I was incredibly close to buying this exact kit last week, I am not joking; I got to the tills and changed my mind, so obviously when I saw this in the bottom of the toss out bucket, I was absolutely delighted because it was selling for better than half price!



The kit consists of three mini brushes from the original RT brush kit, shrunk in order to be travel sized: the mini shading, foundation and face brush, which are supposed to be the three favourites/ must haves of the entire RT line. I have heard so many good things about the RT line and since my beloved Sigma makeup brushes are shedding like no one's buisness, I may have to make the permenant switch very soon.


Likewise with the lipstick, I am unsure why these brushes were in the damaged bucket. They are in perfect condition, unused and clean. The only reason could be that the sealing on the packaging was a little dirty from makeup residue and slightly peeling, but that was it! Even the checkout girl was saying she had no idea why the items were on clearance. All I can say is that God is on my side because a saving of just under £10 is quite incredible.
"When Jesus says yes, nobody can say no"

The moral of the story is wait a while if you can, you never know what kind of mood your drugstore will be in the week after.

Total = £7.50
Savings = £9.50


~
So that is all for this week! I realise that I have not posted in a while, but I have been very busy with life commitments etc etc, but I have lots of posts planned, especially for my Blogging Secrets series that is going better than I expected, so thanks for the comments and suggestions.
If you havent seen the series, here are the posts so far:



Lastly, make sure you enter my 1,000 subscribers giveaway over on my YT channel for your chance in winning some FREE beauty, fashion and tech goodies!


*note* these savings are probably exclusive to my local Superdrugs only, so on't expect to see these exact products on sale. However, it oesnt mean that you have to keep walking past the bargain bucket as you might fin some deals of your own

Happy Shopping
God Bless
post signature

Post a Comment