Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara

~
I am almost out of my second Miss Mange mascara, so I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and find a new mascara from a range I haven't used before, so when I saw this mascara in the Bourjois range, I thought I'd give it a go. Bourjois has never really appealed to me because I tend to stick to Maybelline, Revlon and Sleek; also, I find that the Bourjois colour range is much more suited to a fairer skin tone, but this little newbie caught my eye, hence todays #NewBlogpostTuesday

ps. I apologise about my skin, I was having the strangest breakout and my pores were not having it...



~ T H E  P A C K A G I N G ~
I have already established that mirrored mascaras are my weakest.



 Although I hate having a smudgy mascara wand, I never turn down a mascara coated in glossy mirror like plastic; I also love the coral colour scheme and the font simplicity.
Is it me, or is the wand end so 'Benefit-like'. I'm not sure what it reminds me of exactly, but the shape looks like a Benefit product or the end of a cocktail shaker, which I have to say made me quite interested.
The other factor that forced my hand was the name; I remember thinking "1 second? Will it do crazy things to my eyelashes in 1 second? I'm in!"


~ T H E  W A N D ~
Once again, the selling point of most mascaras is their unique wand. 


Bourjois claim:
"Its patented brush is inspired by the professional hair styling brushes, with SPHERICAL BRISTLES that perfectly wrap lashes for 360° volume and STRAIGHT BRISTLES to create clump free definition."
~ Bourjois website
This wand looks like a thick salon styled hair brush, with a wide barrel and short straight bristles. I also noticed that there are tiny bumps in between the bristles, although I am not too sure after using this mascara what they are for. When I tried this mascara out for the first time, I looked for volume and pretty fanned out lashes, without any clumping.


~ T H E  R E S U L T S ~
To be honest, I am not that impressed with the results.

  
Without the mascara
With mascara
The mascara gave my lashes an instant lift and after a full coat, made quite a difference to lash length, but I don't really see a difference in volume. In comparison to the website claims, there was definitely an obvious fanning effect to my lashes, and the formula did not clump, no matter how much I waved the brush around or batted my lashes. But that's about it- there isn't really anything uniquely special about the mascara. The drying time is slower than others I have tried at about a minute and the formulation is certainly on the wet side.

I honestly expected the mascara to do amazing things to my lashes in one second, because of the name, but perhaps that was my mistake for being naive. Still, a clever tactic by Boujois to get customers to buy, which certainly worked on me! Saying all of that, a better name for this would be Length 60 seconds, but nobody will buy that!

 Honestly, I think the L'Oreal Miss Manga remains my favourite for the time being and although the mascara did an OK job, I don't think at this point in time I will be repurchasing it.

~
That is that for another week, let me know if you have tried the Bourjois mascara and also if you agree/ disagree with what you have said.

As a small update, my YouTube channel artwork and stuff went live yesterday alongside a new Get Ready with Me video, so you should check out my handiwork on my channel main page and my new video here.

Until next time...

      ♥  instagram | twitter | youtube | google+ 

God Bless,

post signature

Post a Comment

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara

~
I am almost out of my second Miss Mange mascara, so I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and find a new mascara from a range I haven't used before, so when I saw this mascara in the Bourjois range, I thought I'd give it a go. Bourjois has never really appealed to me because I tend to stick to Maybelline, Revlon and Sleek; also, I find that the Bourjois colour range is much more suited to a fairer skin tone, but this little newbie caught my eye, hence todays #NewBlogpostTuesday

ps. I apologise about my skin, I was having the strangest breakout and my pores were not having it...



~ T H E  P A C K A G I N G ~
I have already established that mirrored mascaras are my weakest.



 Although I hate having a smudgy mascara wand, I never turn down a mascara coated in glossy mirror like plastic; I also love the coral colour scheme and the font simplicity.
Is it me, or is the wand end so 'Benefit-like'. I'm not sure what it reminds me of exactly, but the shape looks like a Benefit product or the end of a cocktail shaker, which I have to say made me quite interested.
The other factor that forced my hand was the name; I remember thinking "1 second? Will it do crazy things to my eyelashes in 1 second? I'm in!"


~ T H E  W A N D ~
Once again, the selling point of most mascaras is their unique wand. 


Bourjois claim:
"Its patented brush is inspired by the professional hair styling brushes, with SPHERICAL BRISTLES that perfectly wrap lashes for 360° volume and STRAIGHT BRISTLES to create clump free definition."
~ Bourjois website
This wand looks like a thick salon styled hair brush, with a wide barrel and short straight bristles. I also noticed that there are tiny bumps in between the bristles, although I am not too sure after using this mascara what they are for. When I tried this mascara out for the first time, I looked for volume and pretty fanned out lashes, without any clumping.


~ T H E  R E S U L T S ~
To be honest, I am not that impressed with the results.

  
Without the mascara
With mascara
The mascara gave my lashes an instant lift and after a full coat, made quite a difference to lash length, but I don't really see a difference in volume. In comparison to the website claims, there was definitely an obvious fanning effect to my lashes, and the formula did not clump, no matter how much I waved the brush around or batted my lashes. But that's about it- there isn't really anything uniquely special about the mascara. The drying time is slower than others I have tried at about a minute and the formulation is certainly on the wet side.

I honestly expected the mascara to do amazing things to my lashes in one second, because of the name, but perhaps that was my mistake for being naive. Still, a clever tactic by Boujois to get customers to buy, which certainly worked on me! Saying all of that, a better name for this would be Length 60 seconds, but nobody will buy that!

 Honestly, I think the L'Oreal Miss Manga remains my favourite for the time being and although the mascara did an OK job, I don't think at this point in time I will be repurchasing it.

~
That is that for another week, let me know if you have tried the Bourjois mascara and also if you agree/ disagree with what you have said.

As a small update, my YouTube channel artwork and stuff went live yesterday alongside a new Get Ready with Me video, so you should check out my handiwork on my channel main page and my new video here.

Until next time...

      ♥  instagram | twitter | youtube | google+ 

God Bless,

post signature

Post a Comment