Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The £9 Benefit Cosmetics Gift Set- Happy Beauty Day Review

Whenever I find a beauty piece of gold, I am usually in the middle of minding my own business.
Two weeks ago, I was doing exactly that at the back of the checkout queue in Boots. 
As I got nearer to the front, I stood next to the tempting little extra things they put into the aisle and I freaked out inside when I saw this product. I barely looked at it; all I saw was "Benefit" and the £9.95 sticker and I was committed. I was only supposed to pick up deodorant, but I came out with three and an extra beauty item.

W H A T  I S  I T  ?


The Happy Beauty Day gift set is a small tester sized package of three cult Benefit Cosmetics products- a cheek/lip, eye and face product. The products come in a pretty hot pink box, stuffed with tissue and it is just the right size for an appropriate " I feel like a treat" gift to yourself! As I understand it, this set was also available in June last year with slightly different contents- all the boxes this year have exactly the same contents as each other. So what is in the package?


 W H A T  I S  I N  T H E  B O X  ?
 
 The box, as mentioned before has three miniature sized beauty items, as well as a nice little card for a free makeup session at your local Benefit Beauty bar in Boots. I don't think I recall seeing a Benefit bar in my local Boots, but I will be sure to have a look out the next time I pop in for something. In addition, on the back there is an offer to receive 500 Boots advantage points when you spend £25 on Benefit on the Boots online store. I wish it included in-store as well, but I can see how that may influence me to check out something online; I am a huge Advantage Card saver and I love getting me some points, especially 500 ( which is equal to £5.00!)



Bad Gal Lash
The first makeup item is a Bad Gal Lash mascara in Black. Although this isn't currently the one when it comes to Benefit mascaras, at one time, this was apparently a cult favourite ( until "They're Real" took over). Still, I have never tried this mascara- or anything Benefit for that matter- so I am willing to give this a try.



I didn't think much of the brush on first impressions; if you know me, mascaras have to have crazy wand designs to impress me or make me think it will work. However, since this is Benefit we are talking about, I have high hopes for the product. One thing I did notice was how well the brush picked up the product and how evenly the brush was coated with product, which tends to be a problem with other mascaras as I end up doing the dunk-redunk method quite alot.




Posie-Tint
The next product is the cheek/ lip stain, one of the famous tints in the line. The box comes with the poppy pink shade tint named " Posie Tint." Of course, Benetint is the original and I have heard from friends that it is the most universal shade in terms of skin tone. 
I have seen Youtubers use this tint in their videos, and all have had much fairer skin than mine, so I can't deny that I am a little apprehensive about this, wishing that Benetint was included instead. However, I feel that if it has trouble showing on my skin/ cheeks, then it may have to serve as a lip tint only, which would look nice and fresh in the summer.


 The colour payoff for this is beautiful, and it seems to be quite thick and long lasting. Swatched ( see below) on my skin, it comes off as a pretty bubblegum pink, but I will have to see the payoff on my cheeks as well as after I have rubbed it into my skin.




POREfessional
Lastly, the box has the one and only the Porefessional primer, which I am the most excited to try. You would have seen in my Beauty Haul that I posted recently that I picked up the Maybelline knockoff called 'Baby Skin', which is now my love. I honestly think that the Maybelline primer is perfection and I am secretly hoping that this one is not as good, as I was extremely close to buying it once.


The mini tester size comes in a box with directions/ suggestions of how to apply, which is useful, but I was more happy about the box itself, which I though was cute ( I will be keeping the packaging!). I am hoping that the tester size will be enough to fully judge the product although I think that at the rate that I apply pore reducing primer, it will not last me more than a week, if that.
If you would like me to review the Maybelline Baby Skin against this primer, you can let me know in the comments section.


I am so pleased that I managed to spot this set in Boots, and I really hope that it is still available in store for any of you who are reading this and would like to give it a go. I don't think it is online, so if any of you know more about this, where you can find it, and how long it will be available ( if it is still available at all!), leave a comment so we all can see.
Even if you don't like Benefit Cosmetics, wouldn't this be a great little thank you for a friend, or even a belated birthday gift for someone who has everything? I hope there are still some left because, to be honest, you can never plan for Christmas too early.

~
That is all for today's post, if you also picked up the little package, let me know what you think, especially if you have not tried any Benefit products like myself yet.

If you have, let me know which one if your favourite product!


UPDATE: For those of you who are followers of mine from YT, you would have noticed that there was no #NewVideoMonday yesterday. I tweeted out that this was because I have a lot of work to catch up on for university; I am currently in the middle of writing an essay and my dissertation and I only have two weeks left till deadlines, so unfortunately, filming, editing and uploading YT video will have to take a seat on the back bench until May. 
I know, its painful.

Before you go, be sure to check out my networks for more of me on a daily basis!
(Since I will not be on YT for a while, I recommend that you check out my Twitter and Instagram; maybe you should follow me? )


Thank you for reading
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The £9 Benefit Cosmetics Gift Set- Happy Beauty Day Review

Whenever I find a beauty piece of gold, I am usually in the middle of minding my own business.
Two weeks ago, I was doing exactly that at the back of the checkout queue in Boots. 
As I got nearer to the front, I stood next to the tempting little extra things they put into the aisle and I freaked out inside when I saw this product. I barely looked at it; all I saw was "Benefit" and the £9.95 sticker and I was committed. I was only supposed to pick up deodorant, but I came out with three and an extra beauty item.

W H A T  I S  I T  ?


The Happy Beauty Day gift set is a small tester sized package of three cult Benefit Cosmetics products- a cheek/lip, eye and face product. The products come in a pretty hot pink box, stuffed with tissue and it is just the right size for an appropriate " I feel like a treat" gift to yourself! As I understand it, this set was also available in June last year with slightly different contents- all the boxes this year have exactly the same contents as each other. So what is in the package?


 W H A T  I S  I N  T H E  B O X  ?
 
 The box, as mentioned before has three miniature sized beauty items, as well as a nice little card for a free makeup session at your local Benefit Beauty bar in Boots. I don't think I recall seeing a Benefit bar in my local Boots, but I will be sure to have a look out the next time I pop in for something. In addition, on the back there is an offer to receive 500 Boots advantage points when you spend £25 on Benefit on the Boots online store. I wish it included in-store as well, but I can see how that may influence me to check out something online; I am a huge Advantage Card saver and I love getting me some points, especially 500 ( which is equal to £5.00!)



Bad Gal Lash
The first makeup item is a Bad Gal Lash mascara in Black. Although this isn't currently the one when it comes to Benefit mascaras, at one time, this was apparently a cult favourite ( until "They're Real" took over). Still, I have never tried this mascara- or anything Benefit for that matter- so I am willing to give this a try.



I didn't think much of the brush on first impressions; if you know me, mascaras have to have crazy wand designs to impress me or make me think it will work. However, since this is Benefit we are talking about, I have high hopes for the product. One thing I did notice was how well the brush picked up the product and how evenly the brush was coated with product, which tends to be a problem with other mascaras as I end up doing the dunk-redunk method quite alot.




Posie-Tint
The next product is the cheek/ lip stain, one of the famous tints in the line. The box comes with the poppy pink shade tint named " Posie Tint." Of course, Benetint is the original and I have heard from friends that it is the most universal shade in terms of skin tone. 
I have seen Youtubers use this tint in their videos, and all have had much fairer skin than mine, so I can't deny that I am a little apprehensive about this, wishing that Benetint was included instead. However, I feel that if it has trouble showing on my skin/ cheeks, then it may have to serve as a lip tint only, which would look nice and fresh in the summer.


 The colour payoff for this is beautiful, and it seems to be quite thick and long lasting. Swatched ( see below) on my skin, it comes off as a pretty bubblegum pink, but I will have to see the payoff on my cheeks as well as after I have rubbed it into my skin.




POREfessional
Lastly, the box has the one and only the Porefessional primer, which I am the most excited to try. You would have seen in my Beauty Haul that I posted recently that I picked up the Maybelline knockoff called 'Baby Skin', which is now my love. I honestly think that the Maybelline primer is perfection and I am secretly hoping that this one is not as good, as I was extremely close to buying it once.


The mini tester size comes in a box with directions/ suggestions of how to apply, which is useful, but I was more happy about the box itself, which I though was cute ( I will be keeping the packaging!). I am hoping that the tester size will be enough to fully judge the product although I think that at the rate that I apply pore reducing primer, it will not last me more than a week, if that.
If you would like me to review the Maybelline Baby Skin against this primer, you can let me know in the comments section.


I am so pleased that I managed to spot this set in Boots, and I really hope that it is still available in store for any of you who are reading this and would like to give it a go. I don't think it is online, so if any of you know more about this, where you can find it, and how long it will be available ( if it is still available at all!), leave a comment so we all can see.
Even if you don't like Benefit Cosmetics, wouldn't this be a great little thank you for a friend, or even a belated birthday gift for someone who has everything? I hope there are still some left because, to be honest, you can never plan for Christmas too early.

~
That is all for today's post, if you also picked up the little package, let me know what you think, especially if you have not tried any Benefit products like myself yet.

If you have, let me know which one if your favourite product!


UPDATE: For those of you who are followers of mine from YT, you would have noticed that there was no #NewVideoMonday yesterday. I tweeted out that this was because I have a lot of work to catch up on for university; I am currently in the middle of writing an essay and my dissertation and I only have two weeks left till deadlines, so unfortunately, filming, editing and uploading YT video will have to take a seat on the back bench until May. 
I know, its painful.

Before you go, be sure to check out my networks for more of me on a daily basis!
(Since I will not be on YT for a while, I recommend that you check out my Twitter and Instagram; maybe you should follow me? )


Thank you for reading
God Bless,
post signature

Post a Comment