Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Itsy Bitsy Haul: Topshop, Zara and H&M




Every time I go shopping, this happens
First of all, Happy Spring, everyone!
 The weekend that has just past was so beautiful! I thank God for sunshine, seriously, I am so excited that the weather is warming up a bit. 
With all that being said, I thought that there was no time like the present to have a look in the shops at the spring sales.
 I ended up treating myself to a couple of clothing items for the warmer months ahead, so I thought that I would show just a few of my favourite pieces ( otherwise, we would here here all day!)


~H&M Geometric Print Blazer ~
£15.00 (was £29.00)





The first place I check into on a shopping spree is usually New Look and then immediately after H&M (it helps that they are right next to each other).

 As usual, H&M had on a large sale, so I had a look in the coats and jackets aisle because I have been wanting a shorter lighter jacket for the warmer weather. I came across this blazer, which did not have a sale sticker and immediately loved the pattern ( if you know me, I love a good blazer and a pretty blazer with a pretty pattern is quite hard to say no to.)

I noticed that it had shoulder pads, which I am not a fan of, but I must have liked it enough because it ended up on the checkout desk where I found out it was reduced to half the asking price of just £15.00. So I bought it. #impulsebuyer #needhelp

 When I got home, I realised that it was a UK size 16/ EU 12, which is two dress sizes two big, but to my surprise, it fit me quite snug!


~ZARA Grey Tapered Trousers ~
£29.00





 Zara has grown on me a lot in the past three years that I have spent at university; everything I buy there is great quality and lasts a long time. 

I'll admit that this buy was another impulse, but I think I will get my money's worth in the future. I've noticed that the sizes in Zara differ quite a lot because I initially picked up a L ( as that is my size in Zara leggings) and a M to try on, but found that both were way too big, so I settled for a S.

I love the woven cotton waistline, which make the trousers high-waisted, because it gives my waist nice and shapely definition.

I think this would look nice with heeled boots and a cropped blouse, so I can't wait to find some items to pair it with in my closet.


~TOPSHOP "Leigh" skinny Jeans ~
£25.00 (was £38.00)


 



 Finally, my favourite find, just because I can't believe that I managed to find myself such a deal.
Listen to Fiona: If you are ever looking for discounted items from the Topshop line, the concessions section in any Debenhams store is the place to be.

I found these Leigh jeans on the end of a sale rail in my local Debenhams and literally freaked out. They were marked down to £25, which is a very generous £13 off the original price because when it comes to Topshop jeans, let's be honest, the price makes a world of difference.

After debating whether I should come back another time or buy them instantly, I decided to take them home and see how I felt.

I did pick up a 30 34in, when I am actually a 30 30in, but even when I roll up the legs, they look great with a pair of tennis shoes or even flats.


 ~
 So that is some of the recent purchases I made in the last week or so. 
I realise now that I have spent quite a lot of money but I don't shop every month, so I am thinking that I will have to lay off clothes shopping till at least May.
 Hopefully I can cope! 

If you would like to see a couple more new purchases of mine, you can have a look at my new spring
L O O K B O O K video that I posted on how I style daisy print.

Have you found any bargains recently?

Happy Spring Shopping
God Bless and until next week,
post signature

  ps. it is my birthday next week!








Post a Comment

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Itsy Bitsy Haul: Topshop, Zara and H&M




Every time I go shopping, this happens
First of all, Happy Spring, everyone!
 The weekend that has just past was so beautiful! I thank God for sunshine, seriously, I am so excited that the weather is warming up a bit. 
With all that being said, I thought that there was no time like the present to have a look in the shops at the spring sales.
 I ended up treating myself to a couple of clothing items for the warmer months ahead, so I thought that I would show just a few of my favourite pieces ( otherwise, we would here here all day!)


~H&M Geometric Print Blazer ~
£15.00 (was £29.00)





The first place I check into on a shopping spree is usually New Look and then immediately after H&M (it helps that they are right next to each other).

 As usual, H&M had on a large sale, so I had a look in the coats and jackets aisle because I have been wanting a shorter lighter jacket for the warmer weather. I came across this blazer, which did not have a sale sticker and immediately loved the pattern ( if you know me, I love a good blazer and a pretty blazer with a pretty pattern is quite hard to say no to.)

I noticed that it had shoulder pads, which I am not a fan of, but I must have liked it enough because it ended up on the checkout desk where I found out it was reduced to half the asking price of just £15.00. So I bought it. #impulsebuyer #needhelp

 When I got home, I realised that it was a UK size 16/ EU 12, which is two dress sizes two big, but to my surprise, it fit me quite snug!


~ZARA Grey Tapered Trousers ~
£29.00





 Zara has grown on me a lot in the past three years that I have spent at university; everything I buy there is great quality and lasts a long time. 

I'll admit that this buy was another impulse, but I think I will get my money's worth in the future. I've noticed that the sizes in Zara differ quite a lot because I initially picked up a L ( as that is my size in Zara leggings) and a M to try on, but found that both were way too big, so I settled for a S.

I love the woven cotton waistline, which make the trousers high-waisted, because it gives my waist nice and shapely definition.

I think this would look nice with heeled boots and a cropped blouse, so I can't wait to find some items to pair it with in my closet.


~TOPSHOP "Leigh" skinny Jeans ~
£25.00 (was £38.00)


 



 Finally, my favourite find, just because I can't believe that I managed to find myself such a deal.
Listen to Fiona: If you are ever looking for discounted items from the Topshop line, the concessions section in any Debenhams store is the place to be.

I found these Leigh jeans on the end of a sale rail in my local Debenhams and literally freaked out. They were marked down to £25, which is a very generous £13 off the original price because when it comes to Topshop jeans, let's be honest, the price makes a world of difference.

After debating whether I should come back another time or buy them instantly, I decided to take them home and see how I felt.

I did pick up a 30 34in, when I am actually a 30 30in, but even when I roll up the legs, they look great with a pair of tennis shoes or even flats.


 ~
 So that is some of the recent purchases I made in the last week or so. 
I realise now that I have spent quite a lot of money but I don't shop every month, so I am thinking that I will have to lay off clothes shopping till at least May.
 Hopefully I can cope! 

If you would like to see a couple more new purchases of mine, you can have a look at my new spring
L O O K B O O K video that I posted on how I style daisy print.

Have you found any bargains recently?

Happy Spring Shopping
God Bless and until next week,
post signature

  ps. it is my birthday next week!








Post a Comment