Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner




Two weeks ago, I was emailed by Glamour UK to take part in a L'Oreal product trial and considering I have previously had good experiences with being involved, I jumped at the chance.
The product on offer was the new shampoo and conditioner in the L'Oreal Elvive line named 'Fibrology'
While I waited for the products to come in the post, I decided to do some reading as I don't usually use any hair care products that are not catered for my afro/natural hair- but I wanted to try something different. The product claims to bind existing hairs together to give it a bulkier and thicker appearance.
 .
 As your hair dries, the Filloxane stays buried within each hair fibre, gradually linking the existing filaments (which bundle together to create what is known as a 'microfibril') together to form a thicker, stiffer, bulkier network inside each hair strand; they're calling this process 'fibrology.'-  Telegraph Fashion

When the products arrived, I was extremely pleased with the amount of product I received ( Thank you Glamour) but also the product itself.
To start off, I loved the packaging- I find shampoo and conditioner tops to be quite flimsy, but the flip caps on these were secure and I also love the packaging colour. This may not seem like a big deal, but when I am looking for something new, I need to be captivated by pretty things first look at first- hey, if it Is dull and boring, the product is probably a bit flat as well.

When I used this, I first put my hair through pre-poo and an ACV rinse ( if you have no idea what this is, you can google it, or I will do a whole blog post on my hair regimen if you want)
First impressions of the products was how great the smell was. The product foams easily and also rinses very well, leaving virtually no residue.
I used the conditioner after two shampoo rinses and found that it left my hair feeling quite lightweight, but surprisingly manageable- if you have afro hair, you will know that this is a miracle.

Most importantly, I feel that it did make my hair seem fuller, even after blowdrying, but this effect did wear off pretty quickly. However, the lasting effects are supposedly more evident over a period of time and I am hoping that this will get to experience this.

If these products eventually do what they say they will do, L'Oreal will definitely have me on side and maybe even converted.

What do you think? Have you tried the range and if you have, what do you think?
 God Bless,

post signature 






DISCLAIMER *these products were given to me for free for a product test, but this blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own

Post a Comment

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner




Two weeks ago, I was emailed by Glamour UK to take part in a L'Oreal product trial and considering I have previously had good experiences with being involved, I jumped at the chance.
The product on offer was the new shampoo and conditioner in the L'Oreal Elvive line named 'Fibrology'
While I waited for the products to come in the post, I decided to do some reading as I don't usually use any hair care products that are not catered for my afro/natural hair- but I wanted to try something different. The product claims to bind existing hairs together to give it a bulkier and thicker appearance.
 .
 As your hair dries, the Filloxane stays buried within each hair fibre, gradually linking the existing filaments (which bundle together to create what is known as a 'microfibril') together to form a thicker, stiffer, bulkier network inside each hair strand; they're calling this process 'fibrology.'-  Telegraph Fashion

When the products arrived, I was extremely pleased with the amount of product I received ( Thank you Glamour) but also the product itself.
To start off, I loved the packaging- I find shampoo and conditioner tops to be quite flimsy, but the flip caps on these were secure and I also love the packaging colour. This may not seem like a big deal, but when I am looking for something new, I need to be captivated by pretty things first look at first- hey, if it Is dull and boring, the product is probably a bit flat as well.

When I used this, I first put my hair through pre-poo and an ACV rinse ( if you have no idea what this is, you can google it, or I will do a whole blog post on my hair regimen if you want)
First impressions of the products was how great the smell was. The product foams easily and also rinses very well, leaving virtually no residue.
I used the conditioner after two shampoo rinses and found that it left my hair feeling quite lightweight, but surprisingly manageable- if you have afro hair, you will know that this is a miracle.

Most importantly, I feel that it did make my hair seem fuller, even after blowdrying, but this effect did wear off pretty quickly. However, the lasting effects are supposedly more evident over a period of time and I am hoping that this will get to experience this.

If these products eventually do what they say they will do, L'Oreal will definitely have me on side and maybe even converted.

What do you think? Have you tried the range and if you have, what do you think?
 God Bless,

post signature 






DISCLAIMER *these products were given to me for free for a product test, but this blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own

Post a Comment