Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Product Empties 2014: Winter Edition!


Hey Guys!
The end of my time at University is approaching (sigh) so I have been preparing to pack away early by finishing as many beauty products as I can. Most of these items have been floating around in my drawers and bathroom, either unused or half empty ( a lot of them are from old Glossyboxes and I am ashamed to say that some of these boxes are 2012 edition. My bad.)

So here are a couple products I managed to get to the end of and will be throwing out.



S K I N C A R E

1. Neutrogena Deep Clean Makeup Remover ( discontinued)
This stray was found at the bottom of my makeup drawer with quite a bit of product left, which is strange because when I was using this, I used it like crazy. I don't think this is on sale anymore, but I know that if it was, I would definitely repurchase it. 
The only thing I don't like about this is that it burns. Do not get this in your eye!

2. Dermalogica Clean Start Wash off Foaming facial wash (discontinued)
 This is one of those forgotten Glossybox products, but I really love this. 
It is gentle enough to use everyday and a little bit goes a long way. It is one of my favourite facial cleansers that I have used so far; this would go on my repurchase list except it has also been discontinued. I believe that this now called 'Clear Start', so if you are interested, you should give the new range a try.

3. Bell's Coconut Oil
Local pharmacy
You can get coconut oil anywhere, but I picked this one up at a local pharmacy. 
I used this initially for my hair ends (but it got a little messy) so I used it instead for dry patches of skin, especially my knees and elbows. I have found that along with my E45 cream, that it has dramatically affected the pigmentation of my skin and has lightened a lot of dark areas. I will be doing a blog post on this in the future, nearer the summer.

4. Neutrogena Multi Defence moisturiser SPF25 
If you have followed me since summer, you will know that this is a miracle product because I got this for 80p in a clearance basket at a local Superdrugs. This is a 'battle against the elements' best friend; it is formulated to protect against wind, sun, cold and humidity which makes it a perfect all year round moisturiser.
 Unfortunately, like the other Neutrogena product, it really burns the eyes . It also has a very strong sunscreen smell, which I can cope with because it doesn't give me a white cast like other sunscreens.

5. E45 Cream
This little tube is my second since the beginning of winter; it is my little skin saviour and for a time had its place next to my mobile phone and purse in it my bag! I used to use this when I was young and I'm glad I have rediscovered it.



B E A U T Y  A N D  R A N D O M S

6. Bath and Body Works Paris Amour body splash/mist
Sigh. The last of my Paris Amour set that I received from a swap. This is a sweet and floral scent; I can personally smell coconut, vanilla and orange and it actually reminds me of pink champagne! If I could repurchase this, I would, but being a UK resident, the only way I can get my hands on this is through someone else in the US ( that's a hint, don't all jump in at once!)

7. Motions Triple Action Leave in conditioner
Local beauty store
This was on my bathroom shelf and started to smell a little weird, so I used as much as I could, but regrettably, I threw away over a quarter of what was left. This has (had) a clean sweet smell which lasts a couple of days after application. When I used this, I applied twice a week and I found that it strengthened my hair after some time.

8. Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex
I want to eat this product. 
It smells soo good, I can only describe it to smell like the LoveHeart sweets. This is a teeny tiny sample, but it lasted so long. Not only does it last long, it makes my lips extremely smooth. This works best when applied at night, because in the morning the dry skin has disappeared!

9. Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc perfume
This is a daytime powdery scent which wears pretty well through the day. I think it definitely suits young girls because of its soft and light fragrance properties  and can be layered easily with something heavier for the nighttime. This will also be going on a repurchase list because it is completely different from anything I have experienced; not only that, the bottle is beautiful.

10. Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle
 I have wanted to finish this since this autumn just gone and even though it still looks a quarter full, the wick is completely out. This isn't available right now on the website because it is part of the fall/ autumn seasonal line; I do like this, but I find I can only burn it for a couple minutes at a time because it is very strong.

1. L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara
If you are a frequent visitor to this blog, you will know that I posted a review of the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara a couple of days ago; the L'Oreal mascaras, along with my cult favourite Maybelline, are my go to 'drugstore' mascaras. If you want to read my review on this mascara, you can click here and read away to your heart's content. 

2. Noveau Lashes Mascara ( discontinued)
This mascara retailed for £15.00, so I am glad I was able to try it out through a monthly Glossybox. 
This product surprised me; at first it looked like a normal mascara with an average cheap wand, but I was wrong. 
The brush gave me both length and volume and the consistency is quite gel like, similar to the Maybelline Mega plush. Although I liked this, if it was still on sale, I would not repurchase it; it is far too expensive for a beauty product only supposed to last three months.

3. ELF Tone Correcting Concealer ( Spice)
For £1.50, the coverage of this concealer was pretty decent; however, I personally didn't use it to conceal  as I picked out the wrong colour. Instead I used this as a back up eyelid primer for a while and then to lighten the inner corners of my eye.

4.Urban Decay Primer Potion ( travel size)
A friend of mine bought a UD palette and gave me the primer potion. This is a cult makeup favourite, it does exactly what it says on the packaging- nothing more or less.




S H O W E R  A N D  B A T H

5. The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Cream Body scrub ( discontinued)
Insert shocked emoji face!
 This has just been discontinued! I loved this! I am extremely disappointed that I will not be able to use this again, but for what it is worth, the smell of this was amazing.
 My favourite aspect of the product is the 'cream' which softens the roughness of the exfoliating particles and moisturises the skin. This was my weekend treat to myself; I guess I will now have to find a replacement.

6. The Body Shop Honeymania shower gel
If you know me, you will know that I am currently obsessed with The Body Shop products, particularly their skincare. This bath product was picked on a whim, but I am glad I chose to give it a go.
 The scent is very thick and heavy, but it does have a floral smell which makes me think that perfume has been added. The scent itself lasts for hours and I have had plenty of compliments on this.

7. Dermalogica Clean Start Welcome Matte SPF Moisturiser (discontinued)
This moisturiser is definitely different, but in a good way. I found this helped me the most when my skin had a greasy breakout; the matte qualities took away the shine from my face and made it feel as if there was no product on my skin at all. This has since been discontinued with an updated version.

8. Possibilty Marshmallow Frosting shower creme ( discontinued)
One of my favourite bath scents. And it has been discontinued.
I was secretly hoping that it was available somewhere online, but it is all out of stock. However, I think it compares highly to Philosophy bath products, so I may have to have a look to the one on sale now. No lie, this smells soo sickly!

9. Simple Exfoliating Body Wash
I love that this product wasn't rough on my skin; it was exfoliating but gently buffed away dead skin. As with most Simple products, there is no obvious smell, which I like. However, this stuff always got clogged in the cap, which I did NOT like.

~
And that is it!
Thank you for reading

God Bless,


Post a Comment

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Product Empties 2014: Winter Edition!


Hey Guys!
The end of my time at University is approaching (sigh) so I have been preparing to pack away early by finishing as many beauty products as I can. Most of these items have been floating around in my drawers and bathroom, either unused or half empty ( a lot of them are from old Glossyboxes and I am ashamed to say that some of these boxes are 2012 edition. My bad.)

So here are a couple products I managed to get to the end of and will be throwing out.



S K I N C A R E

1. Neutrogena Deep Clean Makeup Remover ( discontinued)
This stray was found at the bottom of my makeup drawer with quite a bit of product left, which is strange because when I was using this, I used it like crazy. I don't think this is on sale anymore, but I know that if it was, I would definitely repurchase it. 
The only thing I don't like about this is that it burns. Do not get this in your eye!

2. Dermalogica Clean Start Wash off Foaming facial wash (discontinued)
 This is one of those forgotten Glossybox products, but I really love this. 
It is gentle enough to use everyday and a little bit goes a long way. It is one of my favourite facial cleansers that I have used so far; this would go on my repurchase list except it has also been discontinued. I believe that this now called 'Clear Start', so if you are interested, you should give the new range a try.

3. Bell's Coconut Oil
Local pharmacy
You can get coconut oil anywhere, but I picked this one up at a local pharmacy. 
I used this initially for my hair ends (but it got a little messy) so I used it instead for dry patches of skin, especially my knees and elbows. I have found that along with my E45 cream, that it has dramatically affected the pigmentation of my skin and has lightened a lot of dark areas. I will be doing a blog post on this in the future, nearer the summer.

4. Neutrogena Multi Defence moisturiser SPF25 
If you have followed me since summer, you will know that this is a miracle product because I got this for 80p in a clearance basket at a local Superdrugs. This is a 'battle against the elements' best friend; it is formulated to protect against wind, sun, cold and humidity which makes it a perfect all year round moisturiser.
 Unfortunately, like the other Neutrogena product, it really burns the eyes . It also has a very strong sunscreen smell, which I can cope with because it doesn't give me a white cast like other sunscreens.

5. E45 Cream
This little tube is my second since the beginning of winter; it is my little skin saviour and for a time had its place next to my mobile phone and purse in it my bag! I used to use this when I was young and I'm glad I have rediscovered it.



B E A U T Y  A N D  R A N D O M S

6. Bath and Body Works Paris Amour body splash/mist
Sigh. The last of my Paris Amour set that I received from a swap. This is a sweet and floral scent; I can personally smell coconut, vanilla and orange and it actually reminds me of pink champagne! If I could repurchase this, I would, but being a UK resident, the only way I can get my hands on this is through someone else in the US ( that's a hint, don't all jump in at once!)

7. Motions Triple Action Leave in conditioner
Local beauty store
This was on my bathroom shelf and started to smell a little weird, so I used as much as I could, but regrettably, I threw away over a quarter of what was left. This has (had) a clean sweet smell which lasts a couple of days after application. When I used this, I applied twice a week and I found that it strengthened my hair after some time.

8. Dermalogica Age Smart Renewal Lip Complex
I want to eat this product. 
It smells soo good, I can only describe it to smell like the LoveHeart sweets. This is a teeny tiny sample, but it lasted so long. Not only does it last long, it makes my lips extremely smooth. This works best when applied at night, because in the morning the dry skin has disappeared!

9. Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc perfume
This is a daytime powdery scent which wears pretty well through the day. I think it definitely suits young girls because of its soft and light fragrance properties  and can be layered easily with something heavier for the nighttime. This will also be going on a repurchase list because it is completely different from anything I have experienced; not only that, the bottle is beautiful.

10. Bath and Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle
 I have wanted to finish this since this autumn just gone and even though it still looks a quarter full, the wick is completely out. This isn't available right now on the website because it is part of the fall/ autumn seasonal line; I do like this, but I find I can only burn it for a couple minutes at a time because it is very strong.

1. L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara
If you are a frequent visitor to this blog, you will know that I posted a review of the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara a couple of days ago; the L'Oreal mascaras, along with my cult favourite Maybelline, are my go to 'drugstore' mascaras. If you want to read my review on this mascara, you can click here and read away to your heart's content. 

2. Noveau Lashes Mascara ( discontinued)
This mascara retailed for £15.00, so I am glad I was able to try it out through a monthly Glossybox. 
This product surprised me; at first it looked like a normal mascara with an average cheap wand, but I was wrong. 
The brush gave me both length and volume and the consistency is quite gel like, similar to the Maybelline Mega plush. Although I liked this, if it was still on sale, I would not repurchase it; it is far too expensive for a beauty product only supposed to last three months.

3. ELF Tone Correcting Concealer ( Spice)
For £1.50, the coverage of this concealer was pretty decent; however, I personally didn't use it to conceal  as I picked out the wrong colour. Instead I used this as a back up eyelid primer for a while and then to lighten the inner corners of my eye.

4.Urban Decay Primer Potion ( travel size)
A friend of mine bought a UD palette and gave me the primer potion. This is a cult makeup favourite, it does exactly what it says on the packaging- nothing more or less.




S H O W E R  A N D  B A T H

5. The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Cream Body scrub ( discontinued)
Insert shocked emoji face!
 This has just been discontinued! I loved this! I am extremely disappointed that I will not be able to use this again, but for what it is worth, the smell of this was amazing.
 My favourite aspect of the product is the 'cream' which softens the roughness of the exfoliating particles and moisturises the skin. This was my weekend treat to myself; I guess I will now have to find a replacement.

6. The Body Shop Honeymania shower gel
If you know me, you will know that I am currently obsessed with The Body Shop products, particularly their skincare. This bath product was picked on a whim, but I am glad I chose to give it a go.
 The scent is very thick and heavy, but it does have a floral smell which makes me think that perfume has been added. The scent itself lasts for hours and I have had plenty of compliments on this.

7. Dermalogica Clean Start Welcome Matte SPF Moisturiser (discontinued)
This moisturiser is definitely different, but in a good way. I found this helped me the most when my skin had a greasy breakout; the matte qualities took away the shine from my face and made it feel as if there was no product on my skin at all. This has since been discontinued with an updated version.

8. Possibilty Marshmallow Frosting shower creme ( discontinued)
One of my favourite bath scents. And it has been discontinued.
I was secretly hoping that it was available somewhere online, but it is all out of stock. However, I think it compares highly to Philosophy bath products, so I may have to have a look to the one on sale now. No lie, this smells soo sickly!

9. Simple Exfoliating Body Wash
I love that this product wasn't rough on my skin; it was exfoliating but gently buffed away dead skin. As with most Simple products, there is no obvious smell, which I like. However, this stuff always got clogged in the cap, which I did NOT like.

~
And that is it!
Thank you for reading

God Bless,


Post a Comment