Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

NEW AT THE DRUGSTORE Beauty Product Haul!

 
I already did my January sales shopping earlier this month, but I fancied picking up a few small beauty items to add into my collection- so I found myself in Boots swatching, examining, reading and ooo-ing at the latest products on offer.
In the end I came away with four items, with I spent a pretty penny on ( I never realised how pricey makeup can be) but nevertheless, I am still happy with my buys.




Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer


Maybelline have a couple of new products added to their line here in the UK and since I am a YouTuber, I know that this one in particular is nothing new to the world, but it is new to my collection, so that is all that matters.
 I have seen rave reviews about this primer, even comparisons to Benefit's Pore-fessional, which is pretty amazing considering the likes of Benefit.




 The formulation of this is definitely similar first impressions wise to Benefit, so I can see what all the hype is about.
It is certainly lightweight and when I tested this in store, it blended right into my skin; even here at home, the effect is exactly the same.
However, we will have to see if it holds up its claims when I test this out later.





Maybelline Nudes Collection lipsticks


Writing this post, I realised that once again, Maybelline have chosen different names for different countries for their collections and lipsticks shades. It seems that this collection is called " The Buffs"  (something which I learnt when watching itsjudytime's review) in the United States, but I figured that it is the same thing.


I picked up two of the lipsticks as I didn't see any point in buying shades clearly catered for lighter skin tones. I originally wanted to pick up one of the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Privée Collection lipsticks after reading a few reviews online, ( for the record, I was completely confused and couldn't decided if I should have bought Freida or Liya's shade) but my Boots store was out of testers.
So when I saw these, retailing at a much cheaper price, I had to give them a go.




#725- Tantalizing Taupe

The first is Tantalizing Taupe, which comes off on my skin tone as a whiter muted pink. The colour definitely appears different on my skin in comparison to my lips, and I should have learned my lesson by now, so it comes off as a little to light. 
However, if I apply a little and blend it out, it does give me lips a nice spring like pink colour.


Tantalizing Taupe
Tantalizing Taupe ( swatched)

Tantalizing Taupe




#740- Coffee Craze


The next colour is definitely my kin of nude- in fact I am almost certain it is near perfect!
This one is Coffee Craze, which swatched alot darker on my skin than on my lips, but this is more of a brown nude than Tantalizing Taupe.
For me, this is the perfect daytime nude and will also go well with a smokey eye in the night time. Out of the two colours, I am really excited to start using this shade.

Coffee Craze
Coffee Craze



The formulation of these lipsticks is quite creamy, which surprised me considering the price, but I guess I have yet to see its true colours once I have worn them out in inclement conditions. I am hoping that the consistency means that my lips will not get chapped.
I noticed that I have not yet owned any Maybelline lipsticks, so I am even more curious how they will last; I will keep you updated!


Coffee Craze [top] and Tantalizing Taupe [bottom] ( swatched)

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara
 

Last, but not least is a product that I have already whipped out of its packaging and given a try; in fact I have a first impressions video live on my Youtube channel as well as a blog post going into detail about my experiences.

But for the sake of this post, as a hint, I really love this mascara and I think it does all that it claims quite well. It isn't perfect, but I'll stop there ( you can read the blog post and find out why)



However, I will point out now that the brush is one to watch, and again, I won't ruin too much but it is a 'conical' brush with a flexible wand.
Sounds clever, doesn't it.




 That's all I got at the beauty store for this month, but I should have more beauty buys here soon!

God Bless,


3 comments

  1. What lip pencil did you use please , also just purchased coffee craze looking for a pencil to pair it with x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use a lip pencil with it, I should though��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidentally ran into the physical store not too long ago and played around with their brushes. Monat

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

NEW AT THE DRUGSTORE Beauty Product Haul!

 
I already did my January sales shopping earlier this month, but I fancied picking up a few small beauty items to add into my collection- so I found myself in Boots swatching, examining, reading and ooo-ing at the latest products on offer.
In the end I came away with four items, with I spent a pretty penny on ( I never realised how pricey makeup can be) but nevertheless, I am still happy with my buys.




Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer


Maybelline have a couple of new products added to their line here in the UK and since I am a YouTuber, I know that this one in particular is nothing new to the world, but it is new to my collection, so that is all that matters.
 I have seen rave reviews about this primer, even comparisons to Benefit's Pore-fessional, which is pretty amazing considering the likes of Benefit.




 The formulation of this is definitely similar first impressions wise to Benefit, so I can see what all the hype is about.
It is certainly lightweight and when I tested this in store, it blended right into my skin; even here at home, the effect is exactly the same.
However, we will have to see if it holds up its claims when I test this out later.





Maybelline Nudes Collection lipsticks


Writing this post, I realised that once again, Maybelline have chosen different names for different countries for their collections and lipsticks shades. It seems that this collection is called " The Buffs"  (something which I learnt when watching itsjudytime's review) in the United States, but I figured that it is the same thing.


I picked up two of the lipsticks as I didn't see any point in buying shades clearly catered for lighter skin tones. I originally wanted to pick up one of the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Privée Collection lipsticks after reading a few reviews online, ( for the record, I was completely confused and couldn't decided if I should have bought Freida or Liya's shade) but my Boots store was out of testers.
So when I saw these, retailing at a much cheaper price, I had to give them a go.




#725- Tantalizing Taupe

The first is Tantalizing Taupe, which comes off on my skin tone as a whiter muted pink. The colour definitely appears different on my skin in comparison to my lips, and I should have learned my lesson by now, so it comes off as a little to light. 
However, if I apply a little and blend it out, it does give me lips a nice spring like pink colour.


Tantalizing Taupe
Tantalizing Taupe ( swatched)

Tantalizing Taupe




#740- Coffee Craze


The next colour is definitely my kin of nude- in fact I am almost certain it is near perfect!
This one is Coffee Craze, which swatched alot darker on my skin than on my lips, but this is more of a brown nude than Tantalizing Taupe.
For me, this is the perfect daytime nude and will also go well with a smokey eye in the night time. Out of the two colours, I am really excited to start using this shade.

Coffee Craze
Coffee Craze



The formulation of these lipsticks is quite creamy, which surprised me considering the price, but I guess I have yet to see its true colours once I have worn them out in inclement conditions. I am hoping that the consistency means that my lips will not get chapped.
I noticed that I have not yet owned any Maybelline lipsticks, so I am even more curious how they will last; I will keep you updated!


Coffee Craze [top] and Tantalizing Taupe [bottom] ( swatched)

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara
 

Last, but not least is a product that I have already whipped out of its packaging and given a try; in fact I have a first impressions video live on my Youtube channel as well as a blog post going into detail about my experiences.

But for the sake of this post, as a hint, I really love this mascara and I think it does all that it claims quite well. It isn't perfect, but I'll stop there ( you can read the blog post and find out why)



However, I will point out now that the brush is one to watch, and again, I won't ruin too much but it is a 'conical' brush with a flexible wand.
Sounds clever, doesn't it.




 That's all I got at the beauty store for this month, but I should have more beauty buys here soon!

God Bless,


3 comments

  1. What lip pencil did you use please , also just purchased coffee craze looking for a pencil to pair it with x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use a lip pencil with it, I should though��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accidentally ran into the physical store not too long ago and played around with their brushes. Monat

    ReplyDelete