Content and graphics © Fiona Brianne. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Quick Review: Ready Steady Cook Rocket Blender




Since my favourite juices blog post, I have been wanting to post a review of my new blender, but time and daylight have not been in my favour. However, I finally managed to get a few snaps so hopefully this post will benefit anyone looking into getting their own blender who may not know where to start and what to look for.


 T H E  B L E N D E R


I won't lie, I have wanted a blender since I began watching itsjudyslife- they make smoothies/green juices everyday and some of the concoctions sounded extremely appetising. Since I have never bought a blender before,  I decided to buy one that was low cost/purse friendly from a place I trusted. After a couple minutes online, I managed to find the Ready Steady Cook ( who remembers that show) Classic Rocket Blender, so the next day, I hopped on a bus and went to a local Argos store to pick it up.



It caught my eye because, not only was it cheap, it was also a rocket shape, which I have heard are the easiest to manage and clean. Lastly, it has multi-chop settings which means I can use it to prepare other meals of the day, besides smoothies.

The blender comes with a tall blending cup, a short blending cup, one "party" cup, two comfort rings, two shaker lids, two seal-able lids and two removable blades. I was concerned that these attachments would feel cheap, but all seem pretty sturdy and have done well so far.

T H E  L I D S


I am quite impressed with the attachment lids in this set, all of which I have used and loved. I use the seal-able lids and the comfort rings the most to store my smoothies overnight in the fridge, but the shaker lids are just as useful.


T H E  B L A D E S



The two blades that come with the blender give it the multi-chop function. The first bade chops, mixes and blends and the second blade grinds and whips; therefore, the blender has seven different cutting functions. Personally, I have only used the chop and blending blade as I have not yet found use for the other one.

I noticed that any food that needs to be chopped must be cut into considerably small pieces to be blended well- larger pieces will blend eventually, but the end result is not as smooth. I also noticed that the blades are incredibly hard to clean- after only my first time using the chop blade, the inside rim stained a darker colour even though I washed thoroughly immediately after use.



T H E  C U P S


For me, the inclusion of three cups is perfect, because I use all three equally. I usually like to make a large green juice in the large blending cup, which I then store in the fridge in the large party cup for up to two nights, depending on what is in the juice. As I showed in my Morning Routine video for work, the small cup works well in the mornings when I want an extra dosage of protein or a small one ingredient banana ice cream- it effectively cuts portion sizes, which stops more over drinking to much fiber.
Each cup has screw indents and can be used with a party ring or lid.



N E G A T I V E S

As with most things in the world, there are some negatives about this blender.
Firstly, there is a constant smell of smoking or hot metal while I am blending; on the first try, I panicked and thought that the motor was overheating and then convinced myself that it was because it was new.

I also wish that the blender has multiple speed settings, but I bought the blender knowing that it was capable of just one.

One thing I do not like about these cups is the small spikes on the side which allow the cup to lock into the blender. They are incredibly thin and I have a feeling that they may not last long; this is especially worrying because blenders cannot be returned to Argos. 

The last negative is how noisy it is. We have a family blender back at home and even though it is heavy duty, it is no where near as noisy as this one- I am not a fan of other students knowing my business!


Overall, a cheap and cheerful blender, most suitable for one person who makes the occasional smoothie.

~

If you would like some smoothie/ green juice ideas, check out my favourite smoothies/ juices blog post.
If you would like to see the blender in action, check out my Morning Routine


Thank you for reading,
God Bless
post signature




1 comment

  1. More health related posts please! thanks for the review!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Quick Review: Ready Steady Cook Rocket Blender




Since my favourite juices blog post, I have been wanting to post a review of my new blender, but time and daylight have not been in my favour. However, I finally managed to get a few snaps so hopefully this post will benefit anyone looking into getting their own blender who may not know where to start and what to look for.


 T H E  B L E N D E R


I won't lie, I have wanted a blender since I began watching itsjudyslife- they make smoothies/green juices everyday and some of the concoctions sounded extremely appetising. Since I have never bought a blender before,  I decided to buy one that was low cost/purse friendly from a place I trusted. After a couple minutes online, I managed to find the Ready Steady Cook ( who remembers that show) Classic Rocket Blender, so the next day, I hopped on a bus and went to a local Argos store to pick it up.



It caught my eye because, not only was it cheap, it was also a rocket shape, which I have heard are the easiest to manage and clean. Lastly, it has multi-chop settings which means I can use it to prepare other meals of the day, besides smoothies.

The blender comes with a tall blending cup, a short blending cup, one "party" cup, two comfort rings, two shaker lids, two seal-able lids and two removable blades. I was concerned that these attachments would feel cheap, but all seem pretty sturdy and have done well so far.

T H E  L I D S


I am quite impressed with the attachment lids in this set, all of which I have used and loved. I use the seal-able lids and the comfort rings the most to store my smoothies overnight in the fridge, but the shaker lids are just as useful.


T H E  B L A D E S



The two blades that come with the blender give it the multi-chop function. The first bade chops, mixes and blends and the second blade grinds and whips; therefore, the blender has seven different cutting functions. Personally, I have only used the chop and blending blade as I have not yet found use for the other one.

I noticed that any food that needs to be chopped must be cut into considerably small pieces to be blended well- larger pieces will blend eventually, but the end result is not as smooth. I also noticed that the blades are incredibly hard to clean- after only my first time using the chop blade, the inside rim stained a darker colour even though I washed thoroughly immediately after use.



T H E  C U P S


For me, the inclusion of three cups is perfect, because I use all three equally. I usually like to make a large green juice in the large blending cup, which I then store in the fridge in the large party cup for up to two nights, depending on what is in the juice. As I showed in my Morning Routine video for work, the small cup works well in the mornings when I want an extra dosage of protein or a small one ingredient banana ice cream- it effectively cuts portion sizes, which stops more over drinking to much fiber.
Each cup has screw indents and can be used with a party ring or lid.



N E G A T I V E S

As with most things in the world, there are some negatives about this blender.
Firstly, there is a constant smell of smoking or hot metal while I am blending; on the first try, I panicked and thought that the motor was overheating and then convinced myself that it was because it was new.

I also wish that the blender has multiple speed settings, but I bought the blender knowing that it was capable of just one.

One thing I do not like about these cups is the small spikes on the side which allow the cup to lock into the blender. They are incredibly thin and I have a feeling that they may not last long; this is especially worrying because blenders cannot be returned to Argos. 

The last negative is how noisy it is. We have a family blender back at home and even though it is heavy duty, it is no where near as noisy as this one- I am not a fan of other students knowing my business!


Overall, a cheap and cheerful blender, most suitable for one person who makes the occasional smoothie.

~

If you would like some smoothie/ green juice ideas, check out my favourite smoothies/ juices blog post.
If you would like to see the blender in action, check out my Morning Routine


Thank you for reading,
God Bless
post signature




1 comment

  1. More health related posts please! thanks for the review!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete